Beatles Tours -London and/or Liverpool

Any recommendations for Beatles tours in Liverpool and/or London ? TIA

Hi Bruce
I’ve no direct experience, but would expect the Liverpool ones to be more credible than any in London. There’s also the ‘yellow submarine’ tours in Liverpool, which appear set for a return after 9 years out following a sinking!!

Regards
Ian

1 Like

We visited Liverpool in 2010 and hired a guide named Phil Hughes for the day, and it was definitely worth it. As I recall, he was recommended in Rick Steves’ book. He was very knowledgeable and it was a great tour, with a lot of stories of old Liverpool. He has a web site and appears to be still active:

https://www.angelfire.com/trek/liverpool/

Whether you use him or someone else, a reputable guide is really the best way to go. Make sure the itinerary includes the inside of John and Paul’s homes, both of which are National Trust sites and theoretically open to the public but they’re small and I think you need a reservation.

1 Like

When I was in Liverpool in 2017, I went to the Beatles museum and did their audio tour. It was about 2 hours if you take your time, but it was a fantastic experience. Id highly recommend it.