Valle de Guadalupe

Hi all,

Thinking about taking a trip to the Valle de Guadalupe down in Baja later this year. Anyone have any recommendations for wineries/producers down that you’d recommend visiting?

Also while you’re at it, private drivers, hotels, foodie restaurants etc. Have heard great things about the area but honestly don’t know much about it.

Thanks,

Geoff

https://www.bajacaliforniawinetours.com/]

He did a custom visit to Bichi for me. Super flexible. Knowledgeable on the ground.

1 Like

Was there in February. Had a really nice visit at Vina de Liceaga (they had some nice older wines to try - 2010 merlot specifically). We also used Baja California Wine Tours - they are a good resource in the Valle.

• 2000 Vina de Liceaga Gran Reserva - Mexico, Baja California, Valle de Guadalupe (2/6/2011)
    Bought this on a trip to the Valle de Guadalupe in 2002. It was tight and unforgiving at the time, but I wanted to buy something and due to its classically structured profile, this seemed to show the most promise. Popped it today with cheese and pate for the Super Bowl. Two hours open, no decant. Sight was cherry red and clear. Lots of sediment, but more red wine solids than dirt. Surprisingly complex, with plum and red fruit flavors, hints of pine resin and a bit of pencil lead. Still well structured, but time has revealed a nice core of sweet fruit and a grippy dry extract. Showed no signs of fading while drunk over a 4-hour period. This was a world class wine that would have gotten lost in a blind BDX tasting. In fact, I liked it a lot more than a 2004 Gravette de Certan that we drank alongside it. Who’d a thunk it? (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Right James? I was pleasantly surprised.