Plum Guide or other vacation rental services (Paris in particular)

Has anyone used Plum Guide to rent an apartment on vacation? Seems to be a more curated/high end Airbnb. Or are there any other rental services you’ve used (esp in Paris) to find a vacation rental?
Not surprisingly, finding slim pickings for this summer on Airbnb at the moment that are in the area I want (6th - any other rec?) and that have A/c.

Onefinestay.

But now I just use Airbnb.

I used Just France for more than a decade until the owner sold to Villas of Distinction. Rented once through VoD, and they were fine, although their prices have since become très cher. But they have beautiful properties.

Last year we had to cancel a beautiful 2 bedroom apartment on Rue Bonaparte two blocks south of Bd Saint-Germain (perfect, quiet location) that I rented through Villas and Apartments Abroad. Friends took some of our cancelled month and loved the apartment. Unfortunately, it is booked long term all of 2022. I’d check with Villas and Apartments Abroad, as they seem to list nice apartments.

Many/most desirable apartments are rented up to a year in advance; we typically book in October for the following year. Demand seems to be increasing, as I was contacted last week by the owner of the apartment we’ve rented seven times asking whether we are ready to commit to Sept/Oct 2023!

1 Like

Thanks.
Onefinestay seems to be shut down for now.
VoD does seem to have some beautiful properties though certainly pricey!
Ended up booking a small hotel (relais Christine) that has a big-enough suite near Odeon/Mabillon and the siene. Had booked an Airbnb until I read down the reviews a bit and noticed that despite having 5 stars all the review.mentioned loud noise from the bar downstairs on the weekend…

Paris Perfect.

Relais Christine is lovely. We prefer the rooms that are not on the street, but in the courtyard as they are quieter at night.

Relais Christine was great. The breakfast spread is out of this world. The one room that works with two kids is not ideal - street level and the layout is a bit annoying for a few reasons. But the breakfast, excellent staff, courtyard, and perfect location make it worthwhile even if you need that room.

We used Italy perfect through Vrbo for a 2 bedroom apartment with air conditioning. We were close to restaurants but they closed by 11.

BTW I am bumping this as I’ve seen quite a few horrific reviews of Plum Guide properties online, so want to let folks know to avoid…