Humboldt Bumpkin Winemaker Goes to Napa...

Well…

My wife and I are joining friends from SF and MD for the week in Napa from June 17th -24th. As in a few days.

We have been swamped and are late to the party in terms of booking spots for eating and or tastings.

We are not big fans of super ripe styles, but we’d really like it if anyone can point us to some spots which are a bit off the beaten path and not too overblown. Both dining at tasting. I know. It’s Napa, so I guess it is all relative.

Thanks for all of your support. I will be bringing plenty down from Humboldt (wine) so if anyone has ideas on a good spot, I am open to meeting up somewhere too.

Thanks for looking!

Ouch! Where’s the love for the hicks from the sticks?

Hey Andrew, I’m really not much of a Napa guy. If you look at my cellar, most of my California wines are from Humboldt County. Wonder how that happened? [wink.gif]

That said, you might find the folks at Tulocay to be kindred spirits. They make a fine Cabernet, and possibly the only Pinot Noir from Napa that I’ve ever liked.

Not that much of a Napa guy either. That’s why I love Andrew’s wines :slight_smile:

Ancien.

Dan Kravitz

I’d highly recommend Long Meadow Ranch, Frog’s Leap and Neal Family Vineyards. You’ll need an appt for Frog’s Leap and Neal but LMR you can do a drop by tasting at the general store next to their restaurant Farmstead which is quite good and one of our favorite places. Cook in St Helena is another great little spot for dinner but can be tough to get into.

For something a little different, how about Matthiasson? https://www.matthiasson.com/

Head up to Spring Mountain and visit the Smith brothers at Smith Madrone…

A second for Frog’s Leap.

Dan Kravitz

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I Thought is was a lost cause. Forgot to follow the thread. I did make it to Long Meadow Ranch and had a good time at Tank Garage. I was looking at Smith. Sounds like the real thing.