A few nights Hudson Valley (Stone Ridge) - looking for dinner recs

Staying at Hasbrouck House in Stone Ridge. Looking for 2 or 3 nice meals (not fancy, but ideally seasonal and decent cooking, byo obviously a huge plus).

edit: to narrow it down, i guess a 30 minute drive from Stone Ridge?

Thanks fam.

You can always ethnic up Mohonk Mountain House; Katie told me that they barely checked her head for horns when she stayed there a year ago.

1 Like

The desserts last week at the Bocuse kitchen CIA were excellent. So was the risotto and duck. And the yummy spring garlic soup. That makes a meal. Worth checking out.

This place got on our radar, but we didn’t get to try it, the West Taghkanic diner. Sounds delicious.

I’ve been there for breakfast as I made my way upstate. It’s an old fashioned diner. They have good home made pies and a decent breakfast. Nothing fancy. If you want a little more ‘upscale’ diner that looks like it was built in the late 1980’s, try Eveready Diner on Route 9 in Hyde Park. https://www.evereadydiner.com/ It’s a much better food and dining experience. It’s close to Vanderbilt Mansion and the FDR Library, and just down the road from Rhinebeck.

The guy bought an existing diner. Check out his press.

thanks gents.

45 minutes away…Stissing House from Clare DeBoer (one of the King owner/chefs)

So are you saying if we are a member of the tribe we shouldn’t stay there ?

i get antsy above 96th street.

I’m probably too late, but Le Canard Enchaîné in Kingston is marvelous, and only 20 minutes away.