Sunday lunch in Reims?

It looks like we’ll be spending some time in Reims on a Sunday, and unfortunately it appears that the city nearly shuts down. Thankfully we can still do the Ruinart tour, and the Cathedral is of course open, but we’re struggling to find a good lunch option.

Les Crayeres/Les Jardin is open, but we’d prefer something a bit more casual for lunch (saving our euros for dinner!). Even a nice charcuterie or sandwich spot would be great.

Any one have any ideas?

I had the same issue after a hefty morning of tasting at Salon Bulles Bio. Ended up at Bistro Des Anges after walking around for a while. I sat at the bar. The food was decent enough and they had some reasonable reds from the Loire on the list - I needed a change of pace after all the vin clairs and newly released Champagne from the event.

It’s only a few minute walk from the Cathedral. It’s a pretty large place, but I’d still make a booking as many people were turned away.

1 Like

I think we ate outside at a casual / unfancy bistro near the park end of the pedestrianised Place Drouet D’Erlon, though that was a decade ago and I never made note of the name. Certainly plenty of places there to make a choice on the day.

A shame I can’t remember, as despite feeling it was a little tourist focused / touristy location, the steak tartare aux fine herbes was brilliant (my IIRC duck dish was decent but not in the same league).

1 Like