East End (Long Island) restaurant recommendations

My daughter is in a music program on Shelter Island this summer. We’re thinking about going up to visit; are there any places out that way to eat at that are particularly good? I’m not too interested in formal or in overpriced beach restaurants, but given all the agriculture I saw taking her up, there must be some really good produce and I’m wondering who might be taking advantage of it.

Stan - I have not been this year however Sunset Beach on Shelter Island has always been a fun scene and the closest thing to the French Riviera in the U.S. The food is good if you stick to the basics and they always have something to drink. It is definitely pricey.

I don’t know of any really good farm to table places on Shelter Island.

In Greenport I was impressed with Ellons on Front during the pandemic.

1 Like

Thanks Robert! ‘Stick to the basics’ is usually my strategy at the beaches in NC where we are, both for dining out and cooking in.

if you’re leaving shelter for a drive north fork table may fit the bill
off the north ferry is greenport which has it’s share of great places
also sag harbor has tons of great food and it’s just off the south ferry

1 Like

Thanks Mark - we came through Greenport last time; there or even places as far west as Riverhead would potentially be doable, depending on how long we decide to stay.

Not fancy, but delicious fish entrees at Case’s Place on the North Fork in New Suffolk. Indoor or outdoor seating overlooking the bay. It’s very pretty and down to earth. Not necessarily Berserker friendly. Our visit in May was our second.

Dan

1 Like

That looks like a great place to get lunch, Dan. Thanks!

1 Like