Restaurants near the Intercontinental in Montreal

I’ve been to Montreal a bazillion times but not since Covid. We’re going up at the beginning of September with another couple and I was wondering if anyone here has recommendations for dining near the Intercontinental Hotel in Old Montreal. We’d prefer to walk but we’re all in our 60s so nothing too far away.

We already have reservations at Gibby’s and Boneparte. I’m looking for anything good. French, Italian, Brew Pubs, Breakfast.

TIA.

I’ve enjoyed multiple meals at Pastel, which is less than ten minutes walk from your hotel. Chuck Hughes’ restaurant Garde Manger is another good option. Olive and Gourmando is nice for an aperitivo and a snack. I haven’t had dinner there, though.

2 Likes

Quite a while ago I dined at chef Laurent Godbout’s Chez L’epicier in Old Montreal and it was one of the top five meals I’ve ever had. Chef has since closed that restaurant but has opened an Italian place a 20 minute walk from the Intercontinental on Maissoneuve and if I were heading to Montreal, I would definitely head there. Fiorella Montreal – Montreal Italian Restaurant Along with brilliant food and a lovely wine list, L’epicier was somehow so friendly yet so superb.

Toqué! is close to the Intercontinental - about 1 or 2 minute walk. Highly recommend. Good wine list and wonderfully prepared food. One of Montreal’s top restaurants.

Le Serpent is a bit further - on Rue Prince. About a 10 to 15 minute walk. Fantastic place and good wine list. It is located in an industrial style space and a bit more lively than Toque! Tres chic.

For something casual, Kinton Ramen on McGill Street is also quite good. Not at the level of Le Serpent or Toqué!, however.

I recently ate at Helena Restaurant, a Portuguese seafood restaurant also on McGill. Perhaps a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Also quite good.

Enjoy Montreal.

2 Likes

So jealous you are going to Gibby’s…a favorite…was there last in October 2018.

You’re very close to Crew Collective Cafe. Good coffee and things to eat in the landmarked former Royal Bank. It’s cavernous and filled with folks working on laptops but pretty cool to see and experience.

Haven’t been to Montreal since 2016 but olive and gourmando is our go to for breakfast in vieux port. Great pastries and coffee. Garde manger is fine if you haven’t been before. Drinks on the top of hotel nelligen is always a favorite at dusk.

Club chasse et peche is also excellent in old port.

We’ve eaten everywhere in Montreal over the years but only truly love the joe beef places. Vin papillon mainly. Will certainly try mon lapin next time we return.

We just left (this morning) from a 4 day stay in Montreal. I recommend Dandy for breakfast/brunch and Chez Sophie for dinner. Both outdoor dining. Dandy is in old Montreal. You would need an UBER to get to chez Sophie but it is worth it.

I am from Montreal. Here are my favorites not too far from the Interconti.

• Bouillon Bilk
  • Club Chasse et Pêche
  • Chez Sophie
  • Monarque

Never been to Toque! BB and CCP are my favorites restaurant, and you’ll have amazing meals there. I would not miss it for the world if I was travelling to Montreal.

1 Like

Great call on Bouillon Bilk.

Bouillon Bilk is fantastic! A bit of a walk from the Intercontinental but worth it.

The Musée d’art Contemporain de Montréal is nearby (Place des Artes complex) and worth a visit.