Turks and Caicos

20th Anniversary coming up and we are considering Turks and Caicos as a destination. Never been, but we have a limited amount of time and the shorter, direct, flight from NY is attractive.

She seems to like the Grace Bay Club. Does anyone have any experience with this resort? It appears to have three different sections (the Hotel, Estates and Villas) - is one preferable over another?

Would you consider any other resorts? This being our 20th we are looking for quiet luxury and terrific service.

Also - would love to hear restaurant recommendations as well - we are both lovers of good food.

Thanks in advance

Stayed at Grace Bay and Parrot Cay for our honeymoon in 2003.

Parrot Cay was a nicer resort but it’s all there is on the island so get a full board deal.

At Grace Bay we had a one bed villa, with a small kitchen, it’s a shortish bike ride or longish walk to an area with some local restaurants but I don’t remember any names.

When are you going? Turks and Caicos can be a little cooler in the winter months due to its location.

There are so many places to go in the Caribbean depending on what you want to do.

George

We will be going in November.

Been to the Meridian Club on Pine Cay several times. It has an exquisite beach with fine snorkeling and is a great place to relax in a tranquil setting. The food was excellent and the staff friendly and efficient. Apart from the Meridian Club and some private homes, there’s nothing else on the island.

Looks like I might be headed to Turks & Caicos next Friday…Looking like I’ll be in the Grace Bay area…any must do (or must avoid) things? I’m kinda along for the ride and we’ll most likely be doing some diving a few days, etc… Should have 5 or so full days. TIA.

We spent about a week there last November; stayed at the Seven Stars Resort. It’s really nice. The restaurant and bar had decent food, water activities like kayaks, paddleboards, snorkel equipment, and Hobie cats are included in the price of your condo, the pool area was pretty and quiet, and the beach was perfection. Several other restaurants and a grocery store are within walking distance when you get tired of the restaurants there.

Highly recommend taking a guided day trip to some of the other islands. There are some beautiful spots like Half Moon Bay and such. Snorkeling is so-so out at the reef, “diving” for conch and sand dollars is fun, shell hunting on the beaches, watching iguana, etc. are all good activities to try. Rent a car for a day and drive around Provo to see the parts of the island that aren’t resorts. It’s safe and a neat place to tour.

Looks like I’ll be at the Regent Grand - http://www.theregentgrandresort.com/

Details to follow as they present themselves. Going to be a long week with a great reward at the end.