Need a Hotel in Dallas

Any recs from experience?

Seems like the Hyatt has issues with all night train track noise and the Hilton Anatole seems to good (cheap) to be true.

Any thoughts?

John,

I’ve got an event at the Anatole and have decided to stay next door at the Hilton Garden Inn. I’ve run into more issues at Hilton’s than Hilton Garden Inn’s. Better rates and typically newer properties. I also use Tripadvisor to see what comments people have to say.

I would have this moved to Travel Forum to get more responses.

Where in Dallas do you need to be? Budget?

T-Bone, when you in Big D?

9/12 only-event all day and night at Anatole. Texas Road Show.

Boo. We should be in new house by then, and I will be home on Friday. See if you can stretch it.

I really like the Warwick Melrose. Nice bar there too.

The library bar is the most romantic place to have a drink.

+1. I’m sure Tex and I can help a little bit.

The Rosewood Crescent is a very nice property. If someone else is paying.

Geez, I don’t know. $200 per night tops. But I don’t want to be more than 45 minutes from Arlington. (Cowboy tix)

That’s going to be tough with game day traffic, don’t rule out Ft. Worth for lodging.

Really? I’ve been told otherwise. What about the Anatole?

Anatole is OK but I feel like it is beginning to show it’s age a bit. That plus the fact you’re on I-35 north of downtown and basically in mixed light industrial area. You’re definitely going to need a car staying there.

Are you coming in solely because you’re attending the Cowboys game? if you are the Anatole might actually add to your drive time because you’ll have to drop back down to I-30 at some point to head over to the stadium in Arlington.

Four seasons in las colina is fantastic. Great gym, nice pool, and a golf course on site.

Yes, primarily the game. But for 6th floor museum, Bush library and STEAK. What about the Hyatt?

Being in Dallas proper is only going to add to drive/traffic time for the game.

Hyatt is fine but beginning to show it’s age a little as well. Good location for what you’re after. Straight shot down I-30 to the stadium in Arlington, 2 block walk to the 6th floor and you might be able to catch a DART line up to the Bush. You’d need to check the maps.

Also check the new Omni. I believe they are under $200 a night on the weekends and they’re basically right next door to the Hyatt. Brand spanking new. Sometimes Pro teams stay there when in town.

Tex is correct about drive time to the game but if you’re planning on spending time in Dallas no way around it I guess. Just be aware they just closed the HOV lanes on I-30 so traffic might be heavier than normal as a result. Plan accordingly.

Side note: presuming you’re flying into DFW the airport is due north of the stadium in Arlington. By staying in Dallas you’re basically heading southeast roughly 15-20 miles just to come back about 15 miles due west to get back to the stadium. Nice big triangle.

Joe,

Thanks. That is really good info. We’re in town long enough, it’s a “summer” vacation of sorts. I’ve heard noises about the train noise at the Hyatt. We’re not light sleepers. Omni is like $265 per night. Anatole only $150. Hyatt a bit more. Well obviously have a car. Theres 6 of us coming.

Joe,

Thanks. That is really good info. We’re in town long enough, it’s a “summer” vacation of sorts. I’ve heard noises about the train noise at the Hyatt. We’re not light sleepers. Omni is like $265 per night. Anatole only $150. Hyatt a bit more. Well obviously have a car. Theres 6 of us coming.

It seems like Fort Worth is the better option, especially the Omni. Closer to better steak houses and to Arlington than Dallas is. Plus, cheaper and equal distance from the Airport.