what airlines into New Orleans?

From Minneapolis, I tend to use Delta. Is there a better option? Delta seems to only have one or two NS into New Orleans from MSP. I’m going in mid late Feb.

www.kayak.com

I only flew there once- from DAY via ATL on AirTran, no frills but no complaints either. Dirt cheap, low enough to make the drive to Dayton from very near CMH which was my closest airport at the time.
I hope to return to the Big Easy very soon, at the moment Southwest is having a fare sale so I could go roundtrip from Cleveland for $220. Hmmm…

there are plenty of flights from NY metro ‘area’

if you can get from MSP to LGA, that might work

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Like Kayak, this site allows you to see what connections are available and who flies non-stop.

If he can get direct from MSP - MSY Why would he connect through NYC??

George

To pick up some salsa?

;-D

(agree, try to NEVER connect through NYC area airports!!!)

Is it just me or is this just a little bit silly of a question (sorry in advance craig)? I mean go to any online travel site and key in MSP to MSY for the dates desired and select the cheapest versus least number of stops offered. Right? We’re talking a few hours domestic flight. It’s not like we’re trying to figure out how to get from Bequai to Sakhalin in one stop or less.

i don’t think the OP found any direct flights from there to there. i was merely suggesting that NYC could serve as a good hub to get to new orleans as i have several friends that go there often. i’ve never been.

The OP can also consider flying via SLC/LAX/SEA/NRT, and SYD. [wink.gif]
Gotta pick up those extra miles, especially if you can fly out of your way for the same cost. [drinkers.gif]

Oh wait. I thought I was posting on Flyertalk. [wink.gif]