Recommendations for a gite in Burgundy?

I’m in the planning stages for a trip in the latter part of May next year. I intend in spending a week in that area and I figure this will be the most economical way for accommodations. I was pointed to this website: http://en.gites-de-france.com/. I got one recommendation in Savigny-les-Beaune from a friend.

Any other suggestions?

How many people are you, how long are you staying and what are your requirements and budget?

3-4 people. No more than 4. We’re going to rent for one week. Ideally, one bedroom per person/2 bath. From what I’ve seen on the website, it should be easy to keep it to 600 euros or less.

Do you want to be in Beaune or in the villages?

Either is fine. However, I’m a light sleeper so a place with too much city noise might not be desirable. I’m willing to deal with such issues when I’m in Paris. [basic-smile.gif]

Ann Gros in Vosne

I couldn’t find any websites, including her own, that give more than just very brief information. I’ll need to investigate further.

this is her website: maison-lacolombiere.com

I can’t help with Burgundy specifically, but one hint about gites-de-france.com: the French site (surprise, surprise), is more
full-featured, especially the Advanced Search. If you’re looking for specific amenities, you may have to use the French site.

Larry, here’s a good spot in Bligny http://www.gites-de-france-charme.com/Le_Clos_des_Saunieres-Bligny-les-Beaune-g21_21G1272.html

The renovated cottages out the back are good value and housed 6 of us comfortably (2 bathrooms).

Best Regards
Jeremy

If you stay at a Domaine’s/winemaker’s gite, does it increase the chances that you’ll be able to taste with them? Or is it completely independently managed?

At the risk of saying something too obvious, have you tried booking.com? I’ve booked my last two European trips mostly through it and they frequently have small gites in addition to hotels.

Very comfortable and definitely quiet La Colombière in Vosne-Romanée - Domaine Anne Gros