*Sold Out* Pezzato BD13 Offer | A 2019 Napa Cabernet Sauvignon That’s “a Helluva Value” + Magnum Raffle

We are sold out of the BD13 offer. Thank you all who purchased

Hello Berserkers! Pezzato is thrilled to participate in our second BerserkerDay! To celebrate BD13 we are offering the second vintage of our Pezzato Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.

About us:

If you are not familiar with Pezzato you can read about us in our newbie intro from BD12 here. In short, I spent my early career in vineyards working with top winemakers, including Russell Bevan, and then moved to the winemaking side of things. In 2018, with some prodding from Russell, my wife and I set out to make our own wine.

We make one wine every vintage, a Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Our goal is to produce a wine that over delivers on quality at a fair price, a wine that punches above its weight class.

Your fellow Berserkers have said that it’s a “helluva value” and a “man amongst boys.”

The 2018 vintage was #10 on Jeb Dunnuck’s top Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon’s under $100 list (subscription needed; the 2019 finished wine is not yet rated).

Our wine notes and a nice write up from Jeb Dunnuck on the 2019 Pezzato Cabernet Sauvignon barrel sample are included at the bottom of this post, along with shipping details

The Offer: Pezzato 2019 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (our second vintage)

TO PURCHASE: Visit our website and log in or create an account. Once logged in, click “Access Your Offering” to view the offer. By creating an account, you will be included in our future releases.

Cheers,

Michael and Andrea Savaiano

(Michael at Phelan Ranch. A new planting located above Pritchard Hill and Lake Hennessey that we will be adding to the Pezzato fold in 2021)

Michael’s Wine Notes:

The 2019 Pezzato Cabernet Sauvignon is from the same single vineyard in the eastern bench of Oakville as our 2018. We’re fortunate to call Screaming Eagle, Phelps Backus, Tench and Bond St. Eden our neighbors, all just a stone’s throw away. It’s a truly magical neighborhood in which I feel honored to have the opportunity to grow wine.

The 2019 Pezzato Cabernet Sauvignon has a great freshness and vibrancy. On the nose, aromas of juicy strawberries and dried cherries give way to graphite and dark chocolate shavings. As you sip, the velvety tannin structure gently coats your mouth in a supple and enticing way providing a great mid-palate richness that is not overly harsh. There is a stone fruit quality on the palate that gives way to a mix of cassis, pencil shavings and cedar. The finish is framed by nicely in-check tannins that grip the back of your mouth for an extended period of time. 14.9% alcohol, 134 cases produced

Cellartracker:

2019 Vintage

2018 Vintage

Jeb Dunnuck: 94-96 points (barrel sample)

The 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon is in the same vein (as the 2018), if not a touch more perfumed and pretty. Lots of lifted blue fruits, violets, assorted floral, and sappy herb notes define the bouquet, and it’s full-bodied, with an elegant, seamless texture and terrific tannins. It’s another impressive, singular wine from Michael Savaiano that’s well worth seeking out.

The Fine Print

Shipping: We ship to most states with the exception of Utah, Mississippi, Hawaii and Alaska. If you have any questions about shipping send us an email (wine@pezzatowine.com). All orders will ship FedEx ground, except orders for the following states, which ship UPS Ground: DE, IL, MD, MI, ND, NH, SD, TN, VA, WI. Our preferred carrier is FedEx but if you have a need for UPS please let us know in your order notes or by emailing us.

When will orders ship? We will ship orders as soon as the weather permits; likely sometime in late-February or March. If you have constraints on when you can receive your wine please put a note in your order or email us (wine@pezzatowine.com).

Tax on orders: Our licensing requires all sales to be transacted in CA and therefore we collect sales tax on all orders. If you have any questions, please email us (wine@pezzato.com).

I really liked the 2018 that was offered last year, excited to taste this!

Thank you, Benjamin! We’ll coordinate a local exchange. I’m excited to try your first Zin.

1 Like

Order in! Love your wine!

Thank you, Brian!

Order placed! Looking forward to something new.

Placed an order a few weeks ago. Can’t wait to try these as soon as the weather cooperates for shipping to upstate NY!

Thank you, Zach!

Andrew: we look forward to getting you the 2019 once the weather turns more favorable for shipping. Cheers, Michael

Michael put together a great sophomore effort to follow up on the terrific 2018. I was fortunate enough to taste this right after bottling with Michael at Phelan Ranch – pictured in his OP (side bar: this is an incredible site and looking forward to seeing what he can do with it). It was really nice then, and confirmed that initial impression last night. With 10 hours of air, there were refined flavors of dark and dried fruits, baking spices, anise, tea, and chocolate with fine grained tannins. Oak was a bit prominent, but believe that will integrate nicely with a little age.

1 Like

Giving this one a try based on the feedback on the forum. Thanks!

John, we hope that you enjoy! Let me know your thoughts once you have a chance to taste.

Cheers, Michael

Chris: thank you for the tasting note. It was great to show you and Nick around Phelan Ranch and talk shop. We’re very excited about adding this vineyard into the Pezzato fold.

In for my first Pezzato order. Thank you

Had these last year and really loved them. Well done, Michael.

These wines are tremendous, as many others have said

My 2019s are already in the cellar. Should have waited for the magnum raffle :joy:
Thank you!

heh, likewise. Folks, you can’t go wrong with this one!

Thank you, Luke. We look forward to delivering the wines.

John, thank you for the kind words and the re-order.

Cheers, Michael