LAST DAY (my Birthday, too) :.tercero wines - PINOTS *** ROSES *** NEW BABY ON THE WAY!!!!

****Woo Hoo! BD13 is here and I could not be more excited! This is going to be a special year for me and tercero wines:

*** I just got married last month to the love of my life, someone I’ve been dating for 7 years and who is truly a special person.

*** My wife is now about 20 weeks pregnant so I’ll be ‘starting back over’ and could not be more excited! Our little girl, Georgia Rose, is due in June!

A little background for those who don’t know me or tercero wines:

I’ve been an active member of this board pretty much since Day 1. I’ve always enjoyed interacting with pretty much anyone I can regarding wine – the subject continues to fascinate me and I am grateful to be doing what I am every day.

tercero wines was started in 2006 after I had completely switched up careers, went back to school at UC Davis to get my MS in Viticulutre and Enology, and moved to Santa Barbara County to work on the winemaking team at Fess Parker Winery / Epiphany Cellars.

My winemaking philosophy is pretty simple – work with interesting varieties from great vineyards; pick the grapes when they ‘seem ready’; let the variety itself stand forth by minimal processing, extended barrel aging on their lees for most wines, and aging in either stainless steel or truly neutral French oak.

My philosophies have also evolved over time – something you would hope and expect, right? All of my reds are now 100% whole cluster, foot stomped by me and fermented with their stems. Why? Well . . . I really dig what the stems bring to the table – increasing bitter compounds, tannins and changing and adding to the aromatic complexity of the wine. The challenge – you never really won’t know these stems are going to add but that’s part of the fun, right?

If you have never tried my wines, there are a number of sample packs below which will give you a great overview of them. I’m also offering my first ever Pinot Noirs this round – these all come from the Kessler-Haak Vineyard in the heart of the Sta Rita Hills. Each clone was brought in separately, foot stomped by me, fermented 100% whole cluster, pressed and then aged for 16 months entirely in older French oak. They each come in between 13.2-13.7%% alcohol and are on the lighter spectrum, but still with plenty of earthy and wild fruit goodness.

A note on shipping:
As you all know by now, shipping costs have increased tremendously for everyone, me included, over the past few years. The costs you’ll pay are the costs I am charged - I am not making any money on shipping at all. In fact, my costs are actually slightly higher when taking into account packaging, etc. I wish I could offer better deals but at this time, I just can’t. I usually ship GSO to the states that they cover and Fed Ex to all other states. If you would like specific changes, please let me know. And if you would like me to ship to a Walgreens / Fed Ex site instead of your home, again let me know. Thank you!

Unlucky 13 Offer
After purchasing a package, come back onto this thread and let folks know what you got and you’ll be entered to take part in a live Zoom tasting featuring upcoming new releases hosted by me! You’ll receive small sample bottles of 5 upcoming releases – including at least one of my pinots and at least one of my new Roses, plus lots of other goodies. I’ll be giving away 12 of these throughout the 2 days so buy away and you can ‘enter’ more than once!

tercero wines Pinot Noir 4 Pack https://www.tercerowines.com/red-wines/detail?item=2020-pinot-noir-4-pack
Yep, you heard that right! This is your chance to get my first ever pinots – and I didn’t make much of them so you better hurry! Each of these was produced identically – 100% whole cluster, foot stomped by me, aged in older French oak, unracked. You’ll receive one each of the following:
2020 Clone 114 – Kessler-Haak Vyd, Sta. Rita Hills (less than 50 cases)
2020 Clone 115 – Kessler-Haak Vyd, Sta Rita Hills (less than 50 cases)
2020 Pommard 4 - Kessler-Haak Vyd, Sta Rita Hills (less than 50 cases)
2020 Kessler-Haak Vyd (blend of all 3 clones) (120 cases made)
Retail Price is $210 plus tax and shipping – your cost is $168 plus tax and shipping (ships March, 2022)

tercero wines Pinot Noir Case Pack https://www.tercerowines.com/red-wines/detail?item=2020-pinot-noir-case-pack
Get 3 each of all 4 of the new pinot noir release.
You’ll receive a 25% discount, bringing your cost to about $470 plus tax and shipping. And remember – these are quite limited. (ships March, 2022)

tercero wines Rhone Red 6 Pack https://www.tercerowines.com/red-wines/detail?item=bd13-rhone-red-6-pack
Get one each of the following reds – 2014 Grenache – Larner; 2014 Grenache – Watch Hill; 2014 Syrah – White Hawk; 2014 Mouredre – SBC; 2104 Verbiage Rouge; 2017 Carignane
Receive a 25% discount, bringing your cost to about $195 plus tax and shipping (ships now)

tercero wines White 6 Pack https://www.tercerowines.com/white-wines/details?item=bd13-whites-6-pack
A great introduction to the tercero line up – get one each of my 2016 Grenache Blanc, 2015 Roussanne, 2020 The Outlier, 2020 Clairette Blanche, 2016 Marsanne, and 2016 Verbiage Blanc… Your cost after a 25% discount is $155 plus tax and shipping. (ships now)

tercero wines Light and Chilled Reds (each under 13%) https://www.tercerowines.com/red-wines/detail?item=bd13-light-and-chilled-reds-4-pack
Here’s a chance to get a foursome of the most crushable reds that I make. This 4 pack includes one each of my 2019 aberration, 2020 Nouveau Cinsault, 2017 Carignane and 2017 Cinsault. With a 20% discount, your cost is only $109 plus tax and shipping. (ships now)

tercero wines2021 Rose 6 pack – BD Favorite https://www.tercerowines.com/white-wines/details?item=bd13-2021-rose-6-pack
Get 3 each of my soon to be bottled 2021 Cinsault and Mourvedre Roses. Your price, after a 25% discount, is only $135 plus tax and shipping charges. (ships April, 2022)

tercero wines 2021 Rose 12 pack – BD Favorite https://www.tercerowines.com/white-wines/details?item=bd13-2021-rose-12-pack
Get 6 each of my 2 ever-popular new roses and receive a 30% discount! Your cost is $252 plus tax and shipping costs. (Ships April 2022)

tercero wines 2020 Rose Case Pack https://www.tercerowines.com/white-wines/details?item=bd13-2020-rose-12-pack
Last call on my fantastic 2020 Roses. Receive 6 each of the 2020 Cinsault and 2020 Mouvedre Roses and you’ll receive a 33% discount. Your cost will be $240 plus tax and shipping. Hurry – limited quantities available. And these will ship NOW so you can enjoy them while you wait for the 2021s to arrive!

Reach out to me if you have any questions about any of the wines, shipping, etc. And thank you for the continued support!

Thanks all for the love thus far! Truly appreciated.

If you want to grab my first ever pinots, I would probably do so today - not sure how much will be left tomorrow as I need to hold some back for events, wine club, etc.

Reach out if you have any questions and have fun today!

Cheers

Weird, links not working for me.

What platform are you on? Just tried from Safar and Chrome and had no problems. If you continue to have issues, just email me and I’ll take care of on my end.

Cheers

I’m on chrome. This is what I get:

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 11.07.04 AM.png

Try refreshing on your end - I just tried again on a number of the links and they worked. Or just go directly to www.tercerowines.com and you’ll find all of the items on the site.

Cheers!

1 Like

I couldn’t resist trying some of Larry’s new Pinot! I’m in for a 4-pack.

Brian,

Thanks my friend. I’m really excited about these and about sharing them with the WB community!

Cheers

Same

I feel like I have been ordering from Larry since Day-1 (although that’s probably not accurate). This is an easy offer.

Ordered:

6-pack of Rose - gotta do this
4-pack sampler of his new Pinots - gotta try these

[cheers.gif]

Just got 2 of the Chill Red sampler and a Pinot sampler! Definitely hold them to ship together (especially if that saves shipping!)

Thanks Tim champagne.gif

Paul,

Accurate enough, my friend - and thank you!!!

Cheers!

Will do - and thank you so much! Excited for you to try all of these!

Cheers

And just a reminder that if you do purchase something, post about it here so you can quality to take part in a Berserker Only Live Zoom I’ll be doing for a lucky handful of you - and I may do it blind this time.

Cheers!

Restocked on the Rose’s. Thanks Larry!

Thanks Kevin - really psyched about the 2021 Roses and so darned happy how the 2020s are still drinking!

Cheers!

Larry - can’t wait to try your pinots!

Thanks Paul - I’m cautiously excited as well! I tell folks that I can make pretty much any variety and folks are ‘okay’ with it - but when I make a pinot, folks are bound to be extra ‘critical’ because of their expectations. Hoping to not only meet, but exceed them - but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see!

Cheers

1 Like

Larry’s wines are awesome and Larry is just all all-around cool dude. Both his reds and whites are delicious.

Can’t wait to try the Pinots! Order in!!