JEAN EDWARDS CELLARS: SHIPPING UPDATE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. .

We started the winery in 2004 and our production (only about 850 cases annually) is focused on small-lot offerings of cabernet sauvignon, merlot, malbec, petite sirah, syrah, rose’, sauvignon blanc and chardonnay. We are honored to be working with some of Napa Valley’s most iconic growers and vineyards to produce these special wines. Our goal is always to produce the best wines possible, from the best fruit sources, while retaining a sense of place.

Often asked what’s the Jean Edwards style of wine? With a wink and smile our response is “wines that will pair well with food… wines that you will want to open and share with good friends… but you’ll want to keep the bottle at your end of the table!” Please scroll down to the bottom of this offer to read more details about the winery.

This is our 11th Berserker Day and it was a challenge to come up with wines to offer you today - so we’re digging deep into our personal library for some of these packs.

If you can’t buy today, please make sure to sign-up for our mailing list for future releases - and if you like discounts all year long, checkout our wine clubs too. Our wine club members feel like it’s Berserker Day every day as they receive 15-25% discounts all year plus flat rate shipping (or shipping included for our case club members).
Click here: https://www.jeanedwardscellars.com/wine-clubs.html

Ordering:
Use a link below and complete the online form on our website. We accept Amex, MasterCard and Visa. Karen will be available most of the day for questions, etc. Orders will be filled in the order they are received - our offers have sold out each year so don’t delay in ordering.

Shipping:
Prices below include shipping - applicable tax will be added to your order.
We ship direct to the following states: CA, FL, MN, NC, NJ, NY, NV, OR, PA, and WA. For all other states you are authorizing us to act on your behalf to ship your wine to you via a third party shipper. All orders shipping via third party will be charged California Sales Tax. Sorry, we cannot ship to the following states: AL, AK, HI, MS, ND, NH, UT, VA, or VT.

Hope you like the wines we’ve selected for you. We know you have a choice of wines and appreciate your continued support!

Cheers - Karen and John

SORRY PACK 1 SOLD OUT ON PREVIEW DAY!
PACK 1: RUTHERFORD CABERNET SAUVIGNON LIBRARY 3-PACK - SOLD OUT
Contractually we don’t use the name of the grower or vineyard - but here are some hints: this wine comes from an iconic and cherished vineyard located near Conn Creek on the valley floor in Rutherford. A genuine bargain to its peer group (other wines from this vineyard are $150 - $450 per bottle). A very expressive and multi-dimensional wine with great structure and a long finish. Black cherry and plum, cassis, hints of spice, and floral notes overlaying sweet oaky tannins. The signature Rutherford Dust shines through on this wine so if you like the dust don’t miss out on this one. 97% cabernet sauvignon; 2% cabernet franc; 1% malbec. Aged 20 months in 100% new French Oak.
James Suckling 93 points; CellarTracker 93 points

SORRY PACK 2 IS NOW SOLD OUT
PACK 2: YATES FAMILY VINEYARD (MT VEEDER) CABERNET SAUVIGNON LIBRARY 3-PACK - SORRY SOLD OUT
A striking blue fruit nose, bathed in blueberries and cassis with a thread of violet florals, vanilla, and whiffs of cocoa. The palate offers up a succulent, lush and juicy array of smooth, round black cherry fruit with a fresh and vibrant finish.
100% Cabernet Sauvignon; aged 22 months in 75% new French Oak.
​James Suckling 94 points; CellarTracker 92 points

SORRY PACK 3 IS NOW SOLD OUT
PACK 3: MERLOT LIBRARY 3-PACK - SORRY SOLD OUT
Merlot is Back! From Orchard Avenue Vineyard located in Oak Knoll this is a sexy wine that is velvety and lush in the mouth. Dark red cherry fruit surrounded by hints of raspberry, currants, earth, and spice. Smooth tannins and a long, lingering finish. A cab drinker’s merlot!
​100% merlot; Aged 20 months in 75% new French Oak.
CellarTracker: 94 points

SORRY SOLD OUT
PACK 4: GOLD COAST VINEYARD CHARDONNAY 3-PACK
PACK 5: GOLD COAST VINEYARD CHARDONNAY 6-PACK
Same wine in both packs - order 6 for bigger savings!
This vineyard is located in the southern tip of the Sonoma Coast AVA. The vineyard is marine-influenced from the cool waters of the San Pablo Bay - one of the first to see the fog roll-in and the last to see it retreat. Aromas of granny smith apples, pears, and honeydew. In the mouth the wine offers up tiers of apple, honeydew, a full mid-palate (the wine has some hints of butter but is not oily) followed by hints of toasty nuts. The finish is medium-long and refined. This wine sees 45-50% new oak treatment each vintage which sounds like a lot - but our wood selection respects the fruit and does not overpower it.
100% Chardonnay; aged in 45-50% new French Oak.
CellarTracker 92 points.

****JEAN EDWARDS CELLARS
You Should Only Make Wines You Love To Drink…

karen and john.jpg
We had a dream and we made our dream come true! We first fell in love with the Napa Valley in the 1980’s and we got this crazy idea that someday we would make a wine from Napa, call it Jean Edwards Cellars (our two middle names) and it would be cabernet sauvignon (because that’s what we enjoyed drinking). At the time we were just starting out in our corporate careers at a major CPG company - John’s background is in R&D/Operations while Karen’s is in sales and marketing. Figuring it would be a good idea to learn how to make wine, we started producing cabernet for personal consumption, experimenting with yeasts, oak treatment, closures, etc. and also took some classes at UCal Davis.

In 2004 we were still working in the corporate world, but it was time to make the leap and make our dream come true - we started Jean Edwards Cellars, found our winemaker and produced one wine - a cabernet sauvignon from Stagecoach Vineyard®. That wine caught the attention of Wine Spectator Magazine who asked us to submit samples (they gave us a 92 on our first wine and we were thrilled). About a year later, Wine Spectator named us as “one of twenty new cabernet producers to watch” in their annual cabernet issue (we had some pretty good company on that list including Scarecrow, Ghost Block, Kapcsandy, and Round Pond) and that helped us build a brand. About ten years ago we both took early retirement and rolled right into supporting the wine business 100% of the time. Kian Tavakoli (our winemaker) has been with us since the beginning. He graduated from UCal Davis, spent the first 4 years of his career at Opus, spent the next 8 at Clos du Val running the red wine reserve program and then started his own wine consultancy business. Today we are still a very small winery - producing about 850 cases under the Jean Edwards Cellars and Cooper’s Cuvee labels - all small lot and all from special vineyards.

Come Taste With Us!
After being part of a wine collective in downtown Napa, we opened our own tasting room at the Sonoma Plaza where some of you may have tasted. Sonoma was great but our space had limitations and we belong in Napa. When our lease expired, we moved, and in February, 2021 we opened our new tasting room on Atlas Peak Road (minutes from downtown Napa and close to Silverado Country Club). Hope you’ll visit with us on your next trip to Napa![/color]

We have a few orders in already on our most limited packs - don’t miss out!

Have ordered (and enjoyed) some of these wines every BerserkerDay I’ve participated in – not going to break tradition this year!

2 Likes

I’ve tried just about all of the JE wines and have always been super pleased. This year I’m excited because I ordered the Merlot which I haven’t tried yet.

1 Like

Thanks Jason - hope you like the merlot. It comes from a pretty special vineyard located in Oak Knoll. It’s full-bodied but silky smooth. [cheers.gif]

I have plenty of aged Jean Edwards in my cellar so I am passing to allow others to jump in but if you have never had their wine or had the pleasure of spending time with Karen and John, I highly recommend them.

1 Like

Thanks Nick and sorry we weren’t able to offer the sauv blanc this year.

Thanks for the endorsement, Steve - glad you enjoy the wines (and sorry there is no petite sirah offer this year).

1 Like

I need a bit more of aged Rutherford. Happy to have access to the library. Thanks, Karen!

1 Like

Thanks Adam - you’re going to like the direction this one is taking. Recently opened a bottle as a progress check, decanted for about 90 minutes, and paired it with a ribeye. Finished the last glass while watching Netflix. Reminds me very much of a Mondavi Reserve Cab from the 90’s.

1 Like

Couldn’t resist ordering, since every wine I’ve had from Jean Edwards has been a smash hit but I’ve yet to try the Chard. Have to put in an endorsement for the wine club as well - great wines and great people!

1 Like

Thanks for the order, Jonathan and thank you for being a valued wine club member! Spring Club offers will be going out in February. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

We’re down to a handful of packs remaining of the 2014 Rutherford Cabernet.

Hi ya Karen! Have a great Berserker Day and look forward to ordering in February!

Great Wines here folks. We said screw it years ago and just joined the wine club :joy:

1 Like

Thank you so much Chris - hoping you and Karie can make it to Napa this year so we can open some bottles! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Loved the Yates Family Cabernet last year, looking forward to the Rutherford (love the dust) and Yates again this year!

1 Like

This is a no brainer! Have been buying from Karen for 4-5 years now and always amazed. Went in on Rutherford Cab and Merlot this year and looking forward to it. If you get a chance, try the Sav Blanc as well. It’s fantastic.

1 Like

Sounds perfect! Unfortunately, my collection of your wines doesn’t seem to age well. They keep disappearing. I’m happy to have your assist on this one!

1 Like

Thanks Dan - appreciate the order! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Thanks for your continued support Jeff. Oak Knoll is such a sweet spot for merlot in Napa - sadly we do not have bottling for 2020.