Stereophonic Wine - Coupon Code - STEREO2022 for 15% Off - Thank you WB!

E-mail me: Jason@StereophonicWine.com
:headphones::wine_glass:

I wouldn’t say it myself but I will put it in huge font when someone else does:

Who we are:
Stereophonic is a partnership between Jason Lefler and winemaker Aaron Jackson. I spent 20 years in wine retail. Aaron has spent 20 vintages carving out an incredible reputation as a protege of Justin Smith at Saxum Vineyards. Stereophonic is where I throw Aaron curveball after curveball as we ask “WHAT IF?” and “WHY NOT?” Delicious, Exciting, Weird. You gotta have some Stereophonic in the cellar. Let’s have some fun!
Bonus Berserker Offer:
OUR MOST POPULAR WINE - SPECIAL 6pk SAVINGS!

Save $100 on this 6pk of our strangely narcotic upside-down Chateauneuf blend from a Parallel Dimension. Believe it or not, that’s an accurate tasting note…

In our Parallel World, we showcase Syrah in the same way Grenache gets top billing in a Chateauneuf-du-Pape blend. Syrah’s dark fruit, acidity and one-of-a-kind aromatics make for a core of elegance rather than rotund fleshiness. The other two letters, G and M, still play a critical role by adding length and sappiness.
Full of purple plums and blackberry-lavender whiffs, The Dream of Spring delivers layers with integrated acidity and tannin. The inverted grape blend gives this exciting versatility at the table, and it will improve with certainty for up to a decade.

CLOSED

FRESH SALE ITEM!
GET A MIXED CASE OF OUR INFAMOUS WHITE WINES FOR $14 A BOTTLE!
SAVE $130+ on a case!

:zap:Save $130 on a case of electric white wines​:zap:
Brilliant white wines from celebrated winemaker Aaron Jackson.
You’ll receive 6 bottles of each in this offer.
Endless River: :lemon::green_apple::melon::hot_pepper::sweat_drops::salt::ocean:
“This wine slaps. And despite my natural urge to avoid complimenting you, it seems unavoidable that I tell you this is good.”
Blue Desert: :pineapple::peach::lemon::salt::honey_pot::zap:
“The poppiest most acidic Albariño I’ve ever had the pleasure to taste.”

HOW DO I ORDER? Choose One: > >

• a)Comment in the thread and I’ll message you.
    b)E-mail > Jason@StereophonicWine.com> .
    c)Private Message me on the board.
    d)Or Use the Links in the Offer.

DO YOU HAVE REVIEWS OF YOUR WINES? >
Yes, good ones. See here: > Berserker Day Reviews — Stereophonic Wine
LOCK-IN PRICING> : Berserker Day buyers will be able to purchase at BD13 prices through end of June.
WHEN DO I GET MY WINE: > We’ll co-ordinate with you. Pre-orders will ship after bottling.
SHIPPING: > $10 flat for CA. $20 flat for AZ,CO,ID,MT,NV,NM,OR,WA,WY $30 flat for Central and Eastern US. We ship via UPS or GLS. If you really need FedEx, please DM me. We can ship to all states excepting: AK, AL, HI, MS, NH, ND, UT, VT.
TAX: > We charge Napa sales tax.

OK, OK, OK, You Want a Sampler! By Popular Request : 4-bottle Sampler - 1 of each New Release

CLOSED

For those new to the Stereophonic Experience. One bottle each of our four new releases, to be delivered after bottling.

Offer #1 : 2019 Stereophonic Malbec “Where Corn Don’t Grow”, Paso Robles

CLOSED

Like the “corny” Travis Tritt song for which it was named, “Where Corn Don’t Grow” simply wants to know what’s so great about leaving home, breaking tradition and needing to just Find Out For Yourself.

At least, that’s what it means to me. > It also means a really supple, varietally perfect Malbec with pressed flower tones, ample red and black plum and a finish that’s lightly herbal and tannic. > The objective here was to do something like the new wave of Argentine producers - ripe but elegant and with less reliance on whomping, toasty, astringent oak. I really love the flavors of Malbec but I think there’s too much extreme winemaking - we tried to style it a bit in a “Margaux” fashion - not light per se, but delicate and accessible - and clearly differentiated from other Bordeaux varieties. This was aged in once-filled barrels. Malbec doesn’t need to be a cheaper version of Cabernet to be awesome. We were inspired by Bodega Noemia and Bodega Aleanna (El Enemigo).

1/15/2022 - MARKLA WROTE:92 Points
Fresh and floral on the nose with aromas of molasses, mixed berry compote, pastry crust, violet, rosemary, crushed rocks, and black tea. Satiny and juicy on the palate with excellent cut. The vibrant, peppery finish is energetic and refined. Youthfully compact, I think the wine will show greater length in time. This wine speaks more of Southwestern France than Argentina but with a terrific fruit quality that will make it more accessible early on without compromising its capacity to age (92+).

Edit: A retaste the following day again punctuates how enjoyable it was on the first. This time, dark cocoa covered berries were more readily on the palate, and its overall level of enjoyment was turned up a notch. This one should be fun to drink and follow through its evolution.

1/15/2022 - MOOTSIE LIKES THIS WINE:92 Points
Dark, nearly opaque purple color. Berry - earth nose. Opens almost immediately with bright, rich red and black fruits, vanilla, licorice and a touch of white pepper. Day two morphs into entirely black fruited with big, spicy anise notes. Silky finish. Drinks like a quality Paso wine. All in balance. 14.9% alc. Drink or hold.

Offer #2 : 2020 Stereophonic Sangiovese, “Heart Container”, Paso Robles

CLOSED

Our first ever Sangiovese slices through the seriousness of previous Stereophonic efforts with a playful, fragrant, juicy and fine-boned profile that makes it nearly impossible to resist. > Tasting like a zesty, silken song of marasca cherries with orange peel and hints of sweet fennel, it positions one leg astraddle the Russian River and the other resting over the Greve in Chianti. Aged 75% neutral barrel and 25% steel. > Scheduled to be bottled on January 31st and shipment will commence sometime in late February or early March.

> Offer #3 : WINE BERSERKERS EXCLUSIVE OLD VINE CABERNET SAUVIGNON!!!
2020 Stereophonic Old Vine Cabernet Sauvignon, Old Bailey Vyd, Paso Robles - Wine Berserkers Exclusive!

CLOSED

It was the early days of the pandemic - I was still triple-disinfecting every piece of mail that came in the house. Aaron called me from the vineyard - > “Jason, need a decision from you right now.” > - a great site was now available as the old lease was up. The oldest Cabernet in Paso - and among the oldest in California. > Hell yes. > Nearly 60 vintages - and a wine that had received a ton of acclaim when made by Santiago Achaval (of Achaval-Ferrer). It was called “The Farm Winery - Cardinal.” We’ve got the same block, same rows.

2017 Cardinal is > $95-$110 > with 94JR and 92JD. Good scores every vintage.

How does it taste? Cabernet, but like, from before… > [berserker.gif] > > Rich, sappy and yet so elegant that you’ll be glad we didn’t fuck around with massive extraction and billion-dollar oak. The fruit is real, and it’s spectacular. Beautiful sweet cherries on the nose, almost Pinot like. Savory wood notes, olive, tobacco, plum and black cherry. Mid-weight Cabernet with natural acidity and sweet tannin. The finish shows good drive, with warm spicy notes and a bit of preserved fruit and dry, chocolatey, eucalyptus-tinged tannins. Aged 18 months in 40% new French oak.> This will bottle at the end of March and we’ll arrange shipping at your convenience.

Offer #4 : 2019 Stereophonic Diamond Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon, UNTRUE

CLOSED

The Dark Angel from Diamond Mountain! It takes some seriously good fruit to get Aaron up North and we found it! This is a 35-40 year old postage-stamp vineyard that faces east, is in good health and planted in old California sprawl. Information on clone was never kept but fruit set is light, berries are small and ripening goes slow. We picked at 25.5 brix and put it into new medium toast barrels from Saury and Atelier CF for 18 months. > The wine is inky, generous and classically proportioned mountain Cabernet. > We love the quality here so much that we will stick with this site! We skipped 2020 due to the fires but the 2021 is in barrel and shaping up very nicely with superb concentration at lower alcohols.

1/15/2022 - MOOTSIE LIKES THIS WINE:94 Points
Dark maroon opaque color. Tobacco - berry nose. Wow from the first sip with black cherry, pepper, earth, a kiss of oak and leather. Classic Napa cab. Day two stays true to day one with even more of the leather and black cherry notes emerging. Long, moderate tannin finish. 14.2% alc. Drink or hold. A Cab lovers dream even at this young age.

> BONUS OFFER: 2020 Nick Pearl Gamay, Nolan Ranch, Alisos Canyon
UNRELEASED HAPPY JUICE! Call this a “Stereophonic Selection”> -

CLOSED

Aaron’s assistant winemaker is a fella by the name of Nick Pearl, a hardworking, cheerful father of two young kids. Lovely guy. Too bad he’s a Dodger fan. Nick’s one of the people who help Stereophonic come to life and when I tasted his little private project Gamay I was in love. > Juicy, silky and characteristically aromatic with notes of cranberry, soil and geranium, this is an honest tribute to real Beaujolais. > 2/3rds carbonic, 13.5% abv. Biodynamic! Grab some!

1. If you’re a Monopole Cru member, hop on over to the Monopole Cru Exclusives Forum for more insane offers!
  1. Don’t Forget to Browse the Auctions and support the site: https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=100
  2. Get some raffle tickets and potentially win the bottle of a lifetime (and support good charities!) BD13 Rousseau Clos de Beze RAFFLE!!! 37 Prizes Total! (& Charity!) OVER $3,000 DONATED - BerserkerDay 13 (TODAY! OFFERS POSTING IN HERE) - - WineBerserkers
  3. Check out the Ridesharing Thread to find Berserkers in your area who might be down to split an order: BerserkerDay 13 - Ride Sharing Matchmaker Thread (i.e. if anyone is looking to split offers) - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers
  4. If you’re looking for reviews of our wines, they are here: Berserker Day Reviews — Stereophonic Wine

And we are live! I’m here to answer questions and drink coffee. What’s going on, lovely people?

1 Like

It just so happens I have some experience with a couple of these wines…

I really enjoyed my Stereophonic experience last Berserker Day. Jason added extra joy to his upbeat wines, and we enjoyed them through the year.

So, Jason offered a chance to taste some wines that will be in this year’s line up and I leaped at the opportunity.

So, forthwith…

Both wines savored with my wife (she was served blind) and enjoyed with a Morbier, Taleggio, and Apple starter, then mild chili made by my kid…

Stereophonic 2019 Malbec.

First words from my wife’s mouth were “Paso!”

Good call!

We started pop and pour, the let is bloom as we went.

This wine has a bright Paso Robles signature with dark red fruit that reminded us of Herman Story and Desparada, for stylistic comparison.

This baby bloomed quickly. Even at the ten minute mark, things were happening and the wine just kept blossoming. More time = more bloom. At 2 hours, this was a mouth filling wine with a move toward nicely melded fruit. My wife wishes to point out: more like fruit skin, not tart, but with good “fruit implications.” I liked her terms!

With Taleggio, this was heaven. There was a touch of licorice on the finish and a teeny bit of tobacco, as well.

My wife says, “This is a wine meant for conversation and drinking.”

Nicely done and the impression of the wine fits my impression of Jason: Out to make the evening better.

The next evening, we revisited the wine and it was still nice! Now, there was more blackberry and perhaps more prominent acidity, there is ample fruit, but this is no fruit bomb. I would call it a straight ahead approachable wine that can handle both cheese and apples. It also stood up to a mild meat based chili. It can compete with good food Zins or Syrahs.

2019 Cabernet

I find notes for Cabernets to be quite difficult, but here goes.

My wife started with a term she has difficulty with, and she felt this wine had what she has imagined the term “Claret” would be appropriate. I agree!

There is classic straight up Cabernet flavor with bright cassis notes. The wine was neither overly big nor overly light. It is fruit forward in presentation but not too much> It announces itself, then is relaxing to drink.

We thought this was another great food wine, it is in the modern Cabernet style. No brett, no oxidation.

There was a hint of Oak impression, with blackberry, and…wait for it…some green pepper! This made my wife guess ‘Rutherford Bench!’ I know this wine is from a slightly higher elevation, but it has some of the valley floor opulence of the Rutherford area.

We started tasting the wine too cool, once it ‘warmed’ to 65 degrees, the party started. My wife went so far as to say the wine ‘made her happy.’ As it opened up, this wine was very mouth filling, to the extent that it was a notable feature!

So, night one: straight ahead cab working in the modern idiom.

The next night, the wine was still bright, and even more interested in coating my palate with dark blue fruit.

Pure cab, and with the extra time, I will go pout on a limb and say it reminded us of William and Mary’s Proprietary Red.

So, both wines bloom over time, hold up overnight, and offer a fun perspective.

Both benefit from air, I’d say open them in the cellar 3 hours before the festivities, then enjoy their evolution as they develop as they come closer to ambient room temperature!

A hard trick to do: match well with cheese, match well with apples, and then survive against chili spices.

1 Like

You the man, Anton!

Thanks to all for the early orders! Let’s goooooo

Had my eye on grabbing some of these on BD due to some great comments from fellow berserkers in the past, thrilled to see a Diamond Mountain Cab in the offerings. Order in!

1 Like

Much appreciated Jonathan! The Diamond Mountain Cab is off-the-charts good!

Lots of friends down in Paso/Atascadero/SLO. Excited to try your wines.

I had the chance to taste Jason’s Diamond Mountain as a part of a lineup of wines late last year and it was hands down some of the most soulful CA red I’ve had in a good while. Do not sleep on these wines! Can’t wait to try the Sangiovese when its out too!

In a past life, I was a buyer for a boutique/small-production focused retail wine shop, and what I wouldn’t have given to have Diamond Mountain Cab priced like that (with a beautiful label to boot!) on the shelf at the time…

Would be happy to meet up with you someday at Aaron’s winery in Tin City where we make Stereophonic. Thanks for diving in!

You’re like 18 years old, Ryan. You can’t talk about past lives yet.

pileon

Never sleep on Sangiovese my friends!

1 Like

You can’t tell me what to do! I’m channeling my best past lives as a curmudgeonly vigneron raising Montbeliard cows to make comte cheese and growing Trousseau in the French Alps.

And if I’m only 18 then how do I remember the '89 World Series when my Oakland A’s beat your SF Giants…? Riddle me that!

1 Like

In for the Diamondhead, thanks!

Diamonds are Forever, John! Thank you!!

:diamonds::diamonds::diamonds:

1 Like

Excited to try the new wines! Stereophonic was one of my favorite discoveries last BD!

Last year you had to make a special effort to ship to Illinois. Are you able to do so this year?

Thank you Ann! Your support all year long has always brought a smile to my face! [cheers.gif]

PS: Be sure to check in on the Monopole Cru offers before the day is through, I’ve got even more goodies coming! [berserker.gif]

Went in for the sampler. Excited to try everything. Hoping to get up to the Paso area in the spring.