Silas Wines BD13: **EXTENDED** The Berserkening! * Willamette Valley Wines, Deep Discounts, Flat Rate Shipping *

Willamette Valley Pinots * Southern Oregon Malbec Blends * Dry, Aromatic Whites and Rosés * Gamay Noir

Hello again Berserkers! Greetings from Amity, Oregon, in the Willamette Valley’s Eola-Amity Hills AVA. I’m very excited to be back for another Berserker Day, the day with deals so good it takes a full year for our dopamine levels to regulate. I’ve put together some deals that I strongly suggest you consider while sitting down, in a safe space, and wearing your Amazing Wine Deal Anti-Drool Bib. Because of the interest and support from Berserkers, we are very happy to offer deals that I can honestly say nobody else gets from Silas. Not friends, not Family, not Nobody. A big Thank You all for the support and interest-I love hearing from you, meeting you around the country, and I am usually available in Amity at the tasting room or the winery, if you find yourself wandering around Oregon wine country.

Cheers!

Alex Clark

More information on Silas Wines and our story below, but for now here is a short synopsis of what we do, escalator-pitch style (no more enclosed, elevator spaces, people)!

We have been making wine in Amity for the past 13 years, growing some older vine Pinot and sourcing fruit from a few of the Willamette Valley’s top organic and/or biodynamic small family vineyards. All of our wines are small batch, hand made, native yeast inoculated, and released when we feel they are ready to drink. What sets Silas apart even more is our approach to blending and the work we do after harvest is over. We can usually craft a more elegant, interesting, and balanced Pinot if we spend time in the barrel room evaluating each barrel and listening to them telling us how they fit together, instead of arbitrarily bottling single vineyard wines. I’m fairly confident we spend more time blending than any other small winery around (think months…), and the proof is in the pudding: we release three different Pinot Noirs each vintage (PDX, Ladd’s Addition, and The Pearl), each with its own philosophy and character. We will, occasionally, bottle a single vineyard Pinot when a site hits it out of the park. We spend the same time and effort pushing the creative envelope on our other wines as well: dry, aromatic, age-able whites and rosés, unique Malbec blends, and Cru Beaujolais-inspired Gamay Noir. For more information on our process, as well as how to get access to our micro lots and already-sold-out bubbles, visit our site!

General Berserker Day Details:

First off, to order wine: Shop Silas Wines. All Berserker Deals are up on our website-and will disappear at the end of Berserker Day.

Shipping: I ship to the following states through the website:
AK AZ CO DC FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS LA MA MD ME MN MO NC
ND NE NH NM NV NY OH OK OR PA SC TN TX VA VT WA WI WV WY
CA Berserkers: I ship to you! NJ Berserkers: I ship to you! Post your order in the forum and I will invoice and set you up with shipping! (Or email me alex@silaswines.com)
Don’t see your state? No problem, I can almost certainly get you wine! Post in the forum, send me a message, and we will sort it out.

FLAT RATE SHIPPING Just $25/box in the contiguous 48. Buying a 3-Pack? Buying a case? If it fits into a box, it costs $25. Combine deals and you save more on shipping. Wine Ships UPS Ground, once the weather looks good. AK and HI ship Next Day Air. NOTE: No need for a code for any of the Berserker Offers-the $25 Shipping is already built in and will show up at checkout.

THE DEALS

Silas Wines has some eye-watering offers for you this Berserker Day, STARTING at 25% off and going UP TO 45% off retail and flat-rate shipping, including some library wines, unreleased bottles, and a SIX-YEAR VERTICAL (Supply limited as it contains some Library Wine)! The offers are below, and more information about Silas wines is at the bottom of the page. Sneaky Deal for those of you that read the fine print: I’ll give you Free Range on my site, so you can put together your own paks, should you want to delve deep. Use the code BDXIII at checkout for 30% off and flat rate shipping on any bottles you want!

I have SIX ridiculous offers for you, Berserkers:

Offer #1
WARM VINTAGE Oregon Pinot – 3 bottles

• 2014 The Pearl Pinot Noir
  • 2015 The Pearl Pinot Noir Keeler Estate Vineyard - Biodynamic
  • 2016 Ladd’s Addition Pinot Noir

Our Pinots show a mix of power and exceptional restraint during hot years, partly due to our higher elevation vineyards. Dark, jammy, and musky but with fresh purple and black fruit, acid and spice.

Retail $137 vs. BDXIII DEAL TODAY $103 (25% SAVINGS)! Order Here

Offer #2
COOL VINTAGE Oregon Pinot – 3 bottles

• 2013 PDX Pinot Noir
  • 2013 Ladd’s Addition Pinot Noir
  • 2013 The Pearl Pinot Noir

The cooler vintages in Oregon produce some of the classiest, feminine, most complex wines. This horizontal shows the different faces of one amazing cool vintage year, 2013. Delicate yet structured, these wines are drinking really well, with notes of black tea, clean forest floor and grapefruit peel.

Retail $123 vs. BDXIII DEAL TODAY $92 (25% SAVINGS)! Yes, Please

Offer #3
ROSÉ, WHITE – 3 bottles

• 2019 Enna Hay Sauvignon Blanc Croft Vineyard
  • 2017 Enna Hay Pinot Blanc Zenith Vineyard
  • 2016 Bramble Pinot Noir Rosé

We take pride in creating a small batch of unique whites and rosé every year, displaying structure and complexity like the reds, and meant to be aged. The Pinot Blanc is dry, aromatic, beeswax-y, and one of the best expressions of this grape (IMHO) around. The Sauvignon Blanc, from the inimitable Croft Vineyard, is fermented and aged on lees for 18 months with battonage and hardly any topping…think Sancerre vs. New Zealand. The 2016 Rosé is just recently released, ruby color and great weight, and drinking really well-the opposite of bachelorette party rosé.

Retail $73 vs. BDXIII DEAL TODAY $55 (25% SAVINGS)! For Sure-count me in

Offer #4
The Offer that Made Neo say “Whoa” – 6 bottles

• 2013 The Pearl Pinot Noir
  • 2014 The Optimist 60%Gamay/40%Malbec
  • 2015 The Optimist 90%Malbec/10%Viognier
  • 2014 Calliope Pinot Noir Rosé Calliope Vineyard
  • 2019 Enna Hay Sauvignon Blanc Croft Vineyard

The artistic black sheep of the Silas Family, where we delve into experimental blends and winemaking processes, as well as showcase our love for some challenging yet beautiful Pinot vintages. 2013 and 2014 Pearls are worlds apart (cool and rainy vs. hot and getting hotter), but they display the stunning versatility of Oregon Pinot. Still bright after 9 years, with a hint of grapefruit rind for the '13, and the '14 shows black fruit and mulled wine baking spice. The Malbecs are inspired by French winemaking regions or techniques, the Gamay/Malbec (think rustic french table wine from Cheverny) and Malbec/Viognier (like Cahors meets Côte-Rôtie) are one of a kind, and old-world focused. Yes, you read that year right: 2014 Rosé and it is amazing–this is what happens when you treat Rosé like a real wine.

Retail $240 vs. BDXIII DEAL TODAY $168 (30% SAVINGS)! Ummm…sign me up. Now.

Offer #5
SIX YEAR VERTICAL! – 6 bottles

• 2013 PDX Pinot Noir
  • 2015 Ladd’s Addition Pinot Noir
  • 2016 The Pearl Pinot Noir Croft Vineyard
  • 2017 The Pearl Pinot Noir
  • 2018 The Optimist Gamay Noir PRE-RELEASE Croft Vineyard

It’s a vertical, people! A bottle from every year, 2013-2018. Take a tour of what was going on in Oregon, starting with the Ugly Duckling year of 2013 that everybody wrote off, turning out to be elegant and beautiful with some age. 2014 through 2017 were all warm years, but all warm years do not produce the same wines–see for yourself. Higher elevation and earlier picking (I pick on pH just as much as Brix) result in hot vintages that have all the weight and fruit power that one expects, while retaining the structure and brightness that comes with not letting the acidity disappear. The 2017 Pearl is a Wine Club Only wine, available to you all today only! Capping it all off is a Gamay Noir that is dark, complex, and slightly reductive. This is not your granny’s Beaujolais Nouveau. Warning: If you are exploring Oregon vintages, BD history suggests you might want to sign yourself up for two of these.

Retail $250 vs. BDXIII DEAL TODAY $163 (35% SAVINGS)! Oh Come ON-OF COURSE I need that

Offer #6
DRINK LIKE A WINEMAKER, SPEND LIKE A SORORITY GIRL – 12 bottles

OK, this is where it gets real. I think we all should be drinking more Pinot, and at these prices you can afford to have a bottle of powerful, elegant wine on your table no matter what day of the week it is. These are wines that I am day-to-day drinking (and day drinking) the most at the moment. A warm vintage (2015), a hot vintage (2014) and a cooler wet vintage (2013). And so, so different. I am happy to give Berserkers the opportunity to pick up a case of these wines at ridiculously low (i.e. don’t tell my accountant until after BDXIII) prices. And shipping is still only $25

4 bottles - 2013 PDX Pinot Noir
4 bottles - 2014 PDX Pinot Noir
4 bottles - 2015 Pearl Pinot Noir Keeler Estate Vineyard - Biodynamic

Retail $532 vs. TAKE A CASE HOME TODAY FOR $249 (45% SAVINGS WHAT?!?) Limited number of cases available, as this is distributor pricing! Yep-that’s about $20/bottle for small batch, elegant Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. yes. Yes. YES!

*********Grand Cru Crü Members: Here is your special, today-only deal**********Raindrops on Roses, Whiskers on kittens, Brown paper packages tied up with String, Here’s a RIDICULOUS case of My Favorite Things, '22 Edition.SOLD OUT / OFFER EXPIREDYes indeed-we are back with the “My Favorite Things” Case! Whats in it? IT’S A SURPRISE! But a surprise that you end up loving, like when you wake up thinking that you’ve missed your alarm but have 2 more hours to sleep, and it’s actually Friday and you thought it was Thursday, but it doesn’t matter because it SNOWED and SCHOOL IS CANCELLED and OMG here’s the UPS truck with a case of BOMB OREGON WINE you ordered on Berserker Day and forgot about and it’s HERE and CALL YOUR FRIENDS WE’RE DRINKING WINE IN THE SNOW! [heavy panting]

Were school-age children just drinking wine? WHO KNOWS?! IT DOESN’T MATTER! The important details are these: This case includes the bottles that I reach for when I head down to the Silas Wines cellar, looking to pull out the “good stuff”. A white, a Rosé, six Pinots, and four Red Blends.. This was a popular, well-received buy last year, and I have limited numbers available, as I’m dipping into the library and there are some bottles not listed in my other deals. Jump on it.

Retail ~$500 vs. TAKE ME TO MY HAPPY PLACE FOR $260 (That’s almost 50% SAVINGS. That’s borderline unfair pricing, people)
Grand Cru Crü Members: End of Transmission*

At Silas Wines, we are nothing if not self-sufficient, bootstrappy, and fond of complex, Rube Goldberg-like solutions to life’s basic challenges. So when Alex saw the serious labor shortage, well, he had a feeling there was a creative (literally) solution to the problem.

Marina Lucia Clark-Vitale, born 12/22/21, already nailing it with cork selection. With some basic forklift certifications, as well as object permanence, she will be ready to step in at the winery. In the meantime, direct all employment requests to alex@silaswines.com.

And now, a little more about Silas

We have been crafting wine in Oregon since 2009, making last year our 12th vintage. We grow Pinot Noir (own-rooted, dry-farmed Wadenswil-clone) on our unique 35-year old, 1000 ft. elevation vineyard, tucked into some classic Oregon second-growth forest (hence the name Silas, from the Latin “Silvanus,” meaning “from the woods”). Today we still farm our little vineyard, and have added grapes from a number of other organic and/or biodynamic sites and growers that we have discovered, tested and worked into the Silas fold over the last decade. We now source around 90% of our fruit from, which allows us to expand the breadth of the wines, giving us more colors on the palette.

We pride ourselves in creating elegant Oregon Pinots that showcase the complexity and variety of each year, from brooding, musky, jammy hot years to complex and graceful cooler vintages. All our grapes are picked by hand, fermented in small lots, aged in French oak (roughly 30% new), and blended with an (infuriating, at times) attention to balance and finesse. Additionally, every year we put together a unique Oregon non-Pinot blend called The Optimist, where we bring varietals together that don’t usually find their way into the same bottle, inspired by French regional winemaking (think Malbec-Viognier…)

We make our wine at the beautiful Keeler Estate Vineyard winery, situated on a biodynamic vineyard in the Eola-Amity Hills AVA, right outside Amity. Our tasting room/wine bar/meat-curing studio, called The Bramble, is located in downtown Amity—we would love to have you come visit!

We have named our Pinots after three Portland neighborhoods (PDX, Ladd’s Addition, The Pearl) with unique character traits (PM me to talk more about my love of blending Pinot barrels). We age in bottle until the wine is ready to be released, which differs wine to wine. Our current release vintages are a mix of 2014s to 2017s.

I came straight to this thread first, to insta-buy My Favorite Things after loving it last year. It’s listed at $260 rather than $250. Still a steal though! :slight_smile:

Edit: Now the percent savings is incorrect neener

Hey Sydney! Great to see you back, and happy you loved that case last year. Thanks for the heads up-was a copy/paste issue-got it sorted out.

I’ll be looking at the weather and keep you posted. Happy hunting today and tomorrow!

Cheers from Amity! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

My first Silas purchase and I went all “yes. Yes. YES” for a case.

Well welcome to the Silas train, Brian! Thanks for the purchase, and I’m excited for you to get the wines and open them up! Let me know if you have any questions, and I always love hearing from people when the pop the corks. That’s a great case that will be headed your way.

Cheers!

champagne.gif

We have loved these wines in the past and look forward to them again.
I actually think I’m finally out of them, so perfect timing.

Ok, we spent like a sorority girl. Can’t wait.

Hey Richard-Welcome Back! I saw your order come through, and that is a great case coming to you. I change it up every year, so you will see a familiar vintage there, but different wines for sure. Good timing on drinking that last bottle of Silas right before the next Berserker Day…a dangerous move!

Cheers!

Alex

I have conflicted feelings about my purchase from last year. One the one hand, it was OMG SO GOOD. On the other hand, you personally signed one of the bottles so I can never ever open it. It’s a major bragging point whenever I show off my collection. Darn!

1 Like

Enjoyed these wines last year. Great to see Silas back for more.

Well shucks, it’s a good thing you have more wine coming-you can hold onto that bottle and it will become a collectors item!

I just had my first baby and have the warehouse shipping my wine for me this year, otherwise I’d sign another! Its a rare bird, it seems

Hi Mike-thanks for the shout out-I’m very happy to see you back, and can’t wait to get that vertical to you. There’s a sneaky Gamay Noir in the 2018 slot, which I am loving right now.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi, looking forward to trying your pinots!
I’m having trouble getting my order through. Is it true you cannot ship to CA?

My email is : rachel@stellareesewine.com

Hi Rachel-thanks-I look forward to you trying them as well!

I can indeed ship to CA-I just use a different service for CA than most other states. Let me know what you’d like and I’ll send you an invoice and get it set up!

Alex

Same issue; no ship to CA
Looking for a Happy Place

In again again for the happy place. One of my favorite purchases from last year, so much fun (and I get to drive down and pick it up in person!). Seriously soulful and interesting wines, you really can’t go wrong here!

Hey RJ-

Thanks for the interest-I can indeed get wine to you! I will send you an invoice today, and get all the shipping info from you then.

Cheers!

Alex

Hi Silas - I would like to order the “Offer that made Neo say Whoa” but I live in CA and the website is not letting me check out. Let me know how to proceed. Thanks!

Excellent, thanks

1 Like

Happy BDXIII-thanks a lot-you did exactly what you were supposed to-for CA (and NJ, and a few more) just let me know in this thread or by email.

I’ll email an invoice later today once the dust settles, and we will get everything set up for shipping.

You’ll really like that 6 pak-some wild, off the beaten path stuff in there, winemaking and blending-wise.

Cheers!