*** ASTREA CAVIAR: Michelin star restaurants approved! 30% OFF ALL ORDERS -BIGGEST DISCOUNT EVER! SALE ON ALL WEEK***

We’re back again! Our third year as part of Berserkerday and we couldn’t be happier. Since the last Berserkerday at the start of 2021 our growth has skyrocketed. If you’re in California (specifically Los Angeles) you would have seen our caviar on the menus of some of the top restaurants in the state. We are in Michelin Starred restaurants all over California (Shunji, Kato, Rustic Canyon, Californios and more!) but we’ll never forget how much Berserkers helped us when we first started a few years ago, so I wanted to give the biggest discount we have EVER given on this fine day.

30% off of ALL ORDERS. That’s right, 30%!! As well as free shipping for all orders over $250 (post discount). with code “BERSERKER” ----- Just go to https://astreacaviar.com/ and place your order with the code at checkout

Please find additional details on our offerings

The sturgeon are raised 6,500ft above sea level. The pure spring water, stable year-round temperature, and lack of pollution ensure the best growing condition for our sturgeons. At such high altitudes our fish grow slower, and as a result, lay eggs that are larger in size and more complex in flavor.

Our sturgeons range in age from 10 to over 25 years old. For reference, most caviar is produced from fish that are anywhere from five to eight years old. When they reach maturity, we don’t extract the eggs until the third roe production cycle. The fish absorb the first two roe cycles, which gives them additional nutrition to produce bigger and more flavorful eggs in the third cycle.

Before extraction, we transfer the fish into low-temperature fish ponds with controlled conditions of 8% salt content and a temperature of 40-45 degrees Fahrenheit. There they reside for two months to mimic deep-sea conditions. Once extracted, the eggs are cleaned and cured with less than 3% salt content before going through an extended aging period of one to four months. These practices add complexity and depth to our caviar’s flavor.

Our sturgeons fish are grown in natural spring water. We never treat them with antibiotics, instead, we use proprietary natural healing organic herbs to boost immunity. We do not use borax as a preservative, nor do we use food coloring to enhance the color of our eggs. What you see and taste is all-natural, a product of carefully raised, mature sturgeon combined with a specialized aging process we have perfected. Similar to winemaking, the process of curing and aging caviar is a closely guarded trade secret, an art form unto itself.

#1 - Our Premier Selection - Oscietra Hybrid. This unique Oscietra Hybrid offers a deliciously special experience. Acipenser gueldenstaedtii x baerii. The eggs are medium to large-sized that are soft gold to dark bronze in color with a nutty, smooth flavor. The sturgeons are at least ten years old and the roe is aged 1 to 2 months.

#2 - Our other Premier Selection and most popular - Kaluga Hybrid. Our Kaluga hybrid caviar is harvested from crossbred Huso Dauricus and Acipenser Schrenckii sturgeons of at least twelve years in age. The eggs are large in size, pearl grey to golden brown in color. It has a rich yet elegant creamy flavor with a firm and crisp texture complemented by a persistent, complex finish. Aged 1-2 months.

#3 - One of our flagship caviar Grand selection Schrenckii Sturgeon. Amur Sturgeon caviar–is harvested from purebred Acipenser Schrenckii sturgeons from Heilongjiang, a northeastern province that borders Russia. Sturgeons are 12 to 16 years in age and their eggs are medium to large in size aged on 2-3 months on salt, light brown or grey to golden in color, with a bright golden shimmer. Umami to the max, akin to fresh uni in its type of savory umami seafood character.

#4 - Our top-of-the-line Grand Selection Oscietra - Our Oscietra sturgeon is a purebred Acipenser Gueldenstaedtii that originated from Russia. The sturgeon are 14-16 years old and the eggs are aged roughly 3-4 months on salt. The eggs are a shimmering pale grey color that are delicate and soft. The palate texture is similar to a fatty piece of O-Toro, your mouth is saturated from fish oil. A real luxury and treat.

If you have any questions - please do not hesitate to reply here or email me at CFU@Astreacaviar.com
30% off of ALL ORDERS. That’s right, 30%!! As well as free shipping for all orders over $250 (post discount). with code “BERSERKER” ----- Just go to https://astreacaviar.com/ and place your order with the code at checkout

2 Likes

How long can caviar be stored in the fridge or whatnot? Know nothing about it ha.

The free shipping is not applying correctly at the moment…

Hey Zach!

6 weeks in the coldest darkest area of your fridge!

Hi!

It works for me. Just put in a $250 order and when you go to checkout the shipping is free.

Please note the $250 total is AFTER the discount. Can you let me know what the order is so I can try it on my end?

Just picked up two 200s. This is easily some of the best caviar to be had anywhere. And what a deal!!!

appreciate you xoxo. Big tins are the best way to eat caviar!

1 Like

Always so good, in for 250 grams! Thanks !

Well, small timer here.

I am in for 50 grams each of the Schrenkii, Kaluga, and the lower end Oscietra. I was staring down the barrel of the Grand selection, but, as Dirty Harry said, “A man’s gotta know his limitations.”

Very excited to try these, I actually planned in my budget for Charlie’s caviar today!!!

I hope yo have a great BD, Charlie, thank you!

that’s a big order! Hope you enjoy. My personal favorite is the Schrenkii!

Pro move!!!

what’s a budget!?

Put in order earlier for the Experience 3 pack!

thank you! hope you enjoy!

Wish I could remember which I bought last year - really liked it.

In for the Schrenckii again, I can’t resist this stuff, so good!

want to jump on this but… I’m a newb. I’ve had island creek white sturgeon , loved it and have one to use this weekend. but dont know where/ what to buy to open my palette. any suggestions?

Love all of the offerings from Astrea, but have a special ardor for the Schrenkii. If you’ve stumbled across this thread and are trying to decide whether to buy, pull the trigger. I’ve had great caviar, including many of the famous labels, and this is exceptional stuff. Great size, great texture, great flavor. Among the best I’ve had and a great value for high tier caviar, especially with the discount. Caviar is always expensive for the good stuff, but I have never once had a single ounce of regret after purchasing and enjoying Astrea. 50gs if you please. Great stuff.

1 Like

Experience 3 pack is great fun. Pop them and taste them side by side with another person. Or just get 50g of Schrenkii and send me a thank you note later.

1 Like

I would opt toward 2. The Kaluga is the mildest expression of caviar we have. Mild umami. Low brine. Big dry eggs. Very very new user friendly.

Schrenkii is my personal favorite. The umami on it is killer

Going to be a stark difference in flavor profile from white sturgeon which tends to be a bit saltier and wetter eggs.