Fine Disregard Wine Co. | BeserkerDay 13 - 25% OFF (EXTENDED THROUGH 1/30)

__WOW, BD 13 HAS BEEN CHAOS IN ALL THE BEST POSSIBLE WAYS. KARA AND I ARE GOING TO KEEP THE OFFER OPEN THROUGH THE WEEKEND FOR ANYONE WHO’S STILL KEEN TO PURCHASE OR ADD TO THEIR EXISTING ORDER. WE’RE DOWN TO THE LAST COUPLE OF CASES OF SEMILLON AND HAVE A BIT MORE OF THE GRENACHE.

THANK YOU, EVERYONE, FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!! MEANS THE WORLD TO US.

Howdy Everyone!!

Kara and I are thrilled to be a part of Berserker Day 13 - after our experience last year, it was a no brainer to offer our wines to this wonderful community again. For those who missed our introduction during BD12, the elevator pitch is simple:

The two of us started Fine Disregard Wine Co. as our personal project in 2015. By day, I’m the Assistant Winemaker for Turley Wine Cellars in St. Helena and Kara (my better half and the brains of the outfit) is the Director of Viticulture for Foley Family Farms. From the beginning, the focus has always been on making California driven wines that are inspired by the state’s remarkable viticultural history. We practice a philosophy of lo-fi winemaking in the cellar and our house style emphasizes freshness and elegance rather than power and opulence. After seven years, it’s still just the two of us doing everything from hauling the fruit to making the wines to paying the bills.

Let’s get stuck in…

We’re keeping it simple this year since y’all did a heck of a job cleaning out most of our library and back vintages during BD12. We’re also upping our Berserker Day discount to a straight 25% for this offering (it’s a little higher on the Grenache because, well, we like round numbers):

2018 NAPA VALLEY SEMILLON - BD 13 Price: $18/btl
(regularly $24/btl)

2018 SONOMA COUNTY GRENACHE - BD 13 Price: $22.00/btl
(regularly $30/btl)

Feel free to reach out if you don’t see the discounted price on the website or if you run into any other problems.

Ground Shipping is $18 to anywhere we deliver in the Continental U.S. - doesn’t matter if it’s one bottle, six bottles, or an entire case.
For anyone testing their credit card limits, after that first case of wine Ground Shipping is $34 combined.
UPS is our carrier of choice, but we may use FedEx or GSO (West Coast) depending on your location or if you have a preference.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE USE A BUSINESS ADDRESS
It’s cheaper for us to ship and it should also ensure there’s a sober adult to sign for the wine.

Sadly, we can’t ship to AK, AL, HI, MS, NH, UT

Weather permitting, orders will ship the week of March 7th.

Currently, we release our wines twice a year to our Mailing List. If you’re already a member of the List, you may log in to your account at any time and order the wines.
If you’re new to the List, please click the link below, quickly enter your name, email, and a password. You’ll then see a link to the Allocations page with all of the offered wines.

PURCHASE

2018 NAPA VALLEY SEMILLON: $18.00/btl

VINEYARD: From organically farmed vines planted in 1992 near the base of the Vaca Mountains in Napa Valley’s Oak Knoll District. The soils here are mostly alluvial runoff from the nearby Vacas and daytime temperatures are often ten degrees cooler than farther up valley. Interestingly, scattered throughout the block are examples of what we believe is Semillon’s pink skinned mutation, what the folks down at Torbreck refer to as the Madeira Clone.

WINEMAKING: Fruit was whole clustered pressed into a mix of neutral Burgundy barriques (60%) and stainless steel drums (40%). The wine was then barrel fermented with partial MLF. Additions focused on yeast nutrients only as they were needed (i.e. no acidulation); elevage was sur lie for fourteen months without battonage.

“The 2018 Napa Semillon offers up heaps of immediate appeal and really leans into the variety’s trademark texture. It’s straw gold in color with a palate that’s rich but not heavy, showing off a subtle zip of acidity and lingering notes of pomme fruit.” - spiced apple, citrus rind, fresh pear, beeswax

2018 SONOMA COUNTY GRENACHE: $22.00/btl

BLEND: 90% Grenache/10% Mataro

VINEYARDS: Ralph Sceales has passionately farmed his family’s vineyard in the cobbled soils of the Alexander Valley AVA for over forty years. The old vine Grenache was originally planted in the mid-1950’s and is still head trained and dry farmed. Altas Piedras Grenache comes from a small hillside vineyard that was planted in the metavolcanic rock of of Eastern Sonoma County in 2012. Our head trained block is planted meter by meter on the mid-slope and biodynamically farmed using deficit irrigation. The Pato Vineyard Mataro was planted before Prohibition in the pure sand of Contra Costa County, perhaps two miles from the California Delta. The centenarian vines are own rooted and organically farmed by Morgan Twain-Peterson and his inimitable team at Bedrock Wine Co.

WINEMAKING: Primary fermentation for each lot was 100% whole cluster and spontaneous (including MLF). Gentle pumpovers were used to optimize extraction while additions focused on yeast nutrients solely as they were needed, eschewing watering back and acidulation. After two weeks on skins, the lots were pressed into neutral French Oak puncheons and Burgundy barriques. Elevage was sur lie for fourteen months.

“The 2018 Sonoma County Grenache is a more open knit, high toned expression of the variety with pretty floral notes, berry fruit and spice. Pale ruby, almost translucent in the glass, there’s a nice tension between the racy palate and a spine of fine grained, insistent tannins.” - kirsch, black raspberry, red flowers, forest floor

PURCHASE

1 Like

Hey Mike, are there any tasting notes available for these?

Thanks, Nick. Working on updating the Release tasting notes and giving the offer a last proof read.

1 Like

Hey Nick,

For what it’s worth I can jump in with my personal tasting note on the Semillon, it’s one of my absolute favorite CA whites that I buy frequently. Even took a past vintage bottle to France to geek out with winemaker friends in Burgundy once for blind tasting shenanigans and they loved it.

2018 Fine Disregard Semillon - Classic Semillon structure that reminds me of some of my favorites from Australia. Nose of dried stone fruit, yellow apple, lemon curd, beeswax & meadow flowers/chamomile. The texture is simultaneously silky yet with really lovely acidity. Light-medium bodied.

Mike/Kara, so excited to see you on here! Been a while (we met up in Napa one time a few years back) but glad to see you’re doing well and still making great wines – I still owe you some Piuze Chablis!

1 Like

Ryan, so great to see you here!! I was super pumped when I saw you pop up during the Newbie’s BD 13. Thank you so much for the kind words about the Semillon. Burgundy is my first love in wine, so I’m blushing that folks over liked our California interpretation. Let’s get together when the madness subsides. We are LONG overdue for a proper catch up session.

ETA: Folks, Ryan is one of the nicest, sharpest guys I’ve met in the industry. You really need to check out what he’s doing with Ancient Wine Guys. He was kind enough to gift me a few bottles from his stash before and they were killer.

Echoing Ryan on the Semillon - it’s any amazingly wonderful wine and I make sure there’s always some at hand.

1 Like

Thank you, Siun!! You’ve been with us from the beginning. Means the world to me and Kara.

I want to try that Semillon but I’m not seeing the BD wines when I select ‘purchase’. Am I the tech-challenged one?

Order in for some of both. Looking forward to it!

Grabbed some of both as well. Thanks!

If you already have registered on the list, you just log in. Otherwise, as far as I can tell, you need to sign up.

Mike, had to reread your instructions but figured out that after I registered I then had to click on “Members” and then on “Allocations” to get to BDay offers.

I’m looking forward to trying your wines, in for 3 each.

Cheers,
Roger O.

In for that Semillon! Thanks, guys!

I can’t find it either. I reset my password, but when I click on the purchase button above it takes me to a page that wants me to register. When I click on “Wines” I only see Syrah and Grenache.

I logged in and went to the “Allocations” section in the members area

1 Like

That works, thanks! In for some Semillon!

Thanks - I did sign up and can get to a member page where I see a Syrah and a Grenache. Its obviously working for you and others. I’ll try clearing cache and/or using a different browser.

Ugh - never mind; got it. Its an allocation! [oops.gif]

I’d like to tell you what I did, but I just sorta kept clicking around until I saw the word Allocation.

Hey Kevin, sorry for the confusion. Echoing what Nate said up thread, if you’re new to our Mailing List (which I believe you are), click the link in the offer to sign up and click the “ALLOCATIONS” link on the Members page. You should see the Semillon and Grenache. Hope that helps!! Feel free to reach out directly if you’re still having issues.

2 Likes

Thanks, David!! Can’t wait for you to try the wines.