SALT VINE CABERNET - Mike Smith led wines *ALL SOLD OUT * Waitlist started as we dig through inventory.

We are back once again!

Salt Vine wines is a small scale producer of Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon crafted by Mike Smith. The idea behind Salt Vine is to take advantage short term contracts to access incredible Cabernet Sauvignon fruit that isn’t available for multiple years at a time. While the vineyards vary from vintage to vintage, what is consistent is that Mike is crafting beautiful wines from the absolute best fruit available to us.

The wines started with the 2014 Cabernet vintage and we’ve been lucky to have Mike guide these wines since then.

The wines are aged in 80% new oak and all exude that classic Mike Smith texture

OFFER #1 – 2018 Salt Vine Cabernet - GIII Vineyard

Probably the best wine we’ve ever made. From GIII vineyard it is a wine packed densely with material with structure that will allow that material to age. It gives pleasure now with generous fruit and plush acid. If I had to use a hand symbol to describe this wine, it’d just be the hand motion for a bomb exploding. GIII is a huge vineyard but this one is one of the best, northern section of the vineyard that abuts the Caymus Estate property.

\

Also reaching into the library to re-offer the 2016 2016 was a more classic vintage. Weather at the end of the season was moderate and the grapes enjoyed long hang times. The wine is a seamless expression of dark berries, cassis, cedar of cocoa. It has a lovely texture which for me is the signature of all Mike’s great wines.

*** please note - the wines will ship in March as we custom print our labels and they will not be ready until then ***

If you have any questions please ask here but also feel free to PM me or email me at Charliewfu gmail

If you do not see your state in the drop down menu please email me at charliewfu gmail

2 Likes

Charlie, just emailed you. Maryland not in dropdown.

In for 2 of each!

Yep got it! Will reply once I get my daughter done with breakfast!

Thank you for all the orders already everyone!!

1 Like

In for 2 of each as well. Thanks Charlie!

Woot woot! I’m in.

Order in for 2 of the 18!

Thanks for all the orders!

For those that sent emails re: shipping not available in drop down - we’ll take care of it. Just need your address and we will send an invoice separately in the coming days. But rest assured, the wines are held for you!

Order placed. Loved the 2014 and 2016.

1 Like

I have tasted this wine line from past BDs, they are superb!

1 Like

14/16 were great. In for another 36 today. Too bad no rose deals this year.

humm no SC either

hi! shoot me an email at charliewfu gmail - we can process your order.

either you are a really big spender, or your found a way to buy extreme futures :stuck_out_tongue:

Still have both these in the cellar from past BD, have yet to crack one!

highly recommend a longer decant when you do! really brings out the texture.

1 Like

In, to try a few of each.

Thank you!

Thank you! Order placed.

I only did ground shipping to NH. I’m assuming that you don’t ship until warmer weather?

Hi Shawn,

We are shipping in March!

2 Likes

A second reminder before they sell out: these are fantastic.

In for 1 of each, looking forward to trying

1 Like