BD13 Rousseau Clos de Beze RAFFLE!!! 37 Prizes Total! (& Charity!) OVER $3,000 DONATED

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT ADDED - SEE MOST RECENT POST!!!

ADDED RECEIPTS OF DONATIONS TO TOM FLOYD’S CHARITY OF CHOICE AND LOVE146.ORG
TOTAL DONATED $3,080.00

Livestream raffle drawing will be held Jan 27, 2022, at 4:30 pm Pacific
Here’s the link once I go live, and I’ll have BerserkerDay wine in hand, as should YOU!
Twitch

For the first time ever, BerserkerDay will feature a raffle, with a ‘unicorn’ bottle Grand Prize, 20 First Prizes, and a way for everybody to win…read on…

Each year for the past few BerserkerDays, JJ Buckley has contributed gift cards toward the BerserkerDay Auction. These gift cards are bid upon by a combination of new and existing JJ Buckley customers. Since I’ve been racking my brain (and consulting with some other, more intelligent individuals) on how to keep the fever of BerserkerDay going throughout the day, specifically in the time frame between the offer dumping madness and the late-night auctions, I’ve come up with a way to combine both these functions into something far more fun…

A raffle with a livestream broadcast, with over $11,000 in prizes!

GRAND PRIZE: On the guidance of my trusted colleagues Fu, Carnes, and others, I have purchased a pristine bottle of 2017 Domaine Armand Rousseau Chambertin Clos de Beze, valued at $3600.00. While MOST of us may not be able to afford this bottle, and some of us (like me) would be afraid to drink such a bottle, who among us wouldn’t LOVE the opportunity to WIN it for $25!!?? Photos/media of the wine below, as I had JJ Buckley take photos just for the raffle. Express shipping directly from JJ Buckley and insurance are paid by Wine Berserkers as part of the raffle, and if you live in a state where the shipping restrictions prevent you from receiving it, we’ll figure it out, no worries.

FIRST PRIZES (UPDATED 1/26 with more prizes!): 35 (thirty five - JUST upped it from 20!!) JJ Buckley gift cards valued at $100 each. 20 will be reserved only for NEW JJ Buckley customers (see below how this increases your chances of winning), the remainder for any raffle entrants. No limit on how many you can win, as it will be a randomized number draw.

STRETCH GOALS FOR CHARITY AND FUNDRAISING: Once I get to 225 tickets sold, 30% of the proceeds will be donated to two charities. First will be for the family (wife and children) of recently-deceased longtime Berserker Tom Floyd, to help with their difficult time and costs associated with losing a loved member of the family. Second will be to my wife’s favorite charity - Love146 - working to end child trafficking. This way, even if you don’t win one of the amazing prizes in the raffle, you DO win by contributing to two worthy causes, so no raffle ticket goes to waste and everybody wins a ‘consolation prize’.

HOW TO ENTER: Each raffle ticket is $25, and you can enter as many times as you want. Each $25 raffle ticket received by me is one spot in the raffle. You can pay via PayPal or Venmo, and IF YOU ARE A NEW CUSTOMER OF JJ BUCKLEY YOU MUST TELL ME IN THE NOTES. Your chances of winning are greater if you are a new customer, as there will be fewer in that group from which I will select, and JJ Buckley will audit all entries to confirm. The ‘new customer’ separate draw pile is only for the gift cards - for the Grand Prize all raffle entries are joined into one group. Send your raffle ticket payments (any quantity, do NOT have to be separate transactions, i.e. if I receive $50 I know to enter you twice, and you will be assigned two raffle ticket spots/numbers, etc.) to my PayPal address PAYMENTS REMOVED - RAFFLE CLOSED

ENTRY DEADLINE: All raffle ticket purchases MUST be completed by NOON Pacific on Jan 27, 2022. Any purchases thereafter will be refunded/returned.

BONUS: If invited by the Grand Prize Winner, I will happily fly out to join you and your circle of wine friends for the event, should you allow me to taste this unicorn juice flirtysmile

You do not have to be present on the livestream (which will be streaming on Twitch, so I can be on screen live plus show you the raffle random drawing, to assure honesty and legitimacy!) to win, I will contact you if you are not, but let’s all drink some BerserkerDay wines and make this a party! The livestream will feature a chat function, and I’ll do my best to man it for those who need it, but for the rest of the Berserkers on the livestream, chat about what BerserkerDay wines you are drinking.

6 Likes

Made this go live today, so everybody gets a shot at a little ‘preview action’ from BerserkerDay!

2 Likes

Boom! I am in for two tickets.

Great addition to the BD fun, thanks Todd!

In for 2! Great addition.

In for two. Thanks Todd.

Happy to purchase 4 chances - and I am not a JJ Buckley customer (yet).

Looking forward to Thursday!

In for 4, thanks Todd!

This IS exciting!!!

Todd’s jumping is in hard for BD 13. I love it!

Great addition to Berserker Day! I’m in for 4. Just sent Venmo.

In for 2. Not a JJ Buckley customer as far as I recall although I get the emails.

I’m in for 2. Not a JJ Buckley customer (although have been close to buying a number of times)

SO hard!

1 Like

[cheers.gif] In for 5. Thank you!

I would erect a memorial for him, but he’s been rigid in his objections.

1 Like

Maybe it is about the size.

Surprised he’s objected at all given how lazy and narrow his agenda is. Probably more there isn’t enough content or substance to even build a memorial to his penchant for gossip.

shuddup and enter the raffle so you can drink Rousseau with your filet!

Vicious group. I’m in for four. That bottle looks like something Fu might even stoop to drink, but only at something like a Monday wine lunch.

1 Like

In for 2; new to JJ Buckley, too.