Toast! “Before You Drink” Gummies (New Product!) - Post-Berserker Day 15% off w/ Free Shipping!

Enjoy Your Wine (And the Next Morning) When You Toast! Before You Drink
Hey WB Community, we’re so excited to be with you this year! I’m Sean, the founder at Toast!, which makes the Before You Drink Gummy. What’s that you ask? Well, based on the latest science, our tasty Before You Drink Gummies are powered by natural ingredients like milk thistle and prickly pear to help restore key nutrients and support your liver so you can say “yes” to one more glass of wine!

We launched in October of 2020, and sold out of our first batch about a week before Christmas of that year, and then sold out again last June. This past October we launched our latest version with our most effective formulation yet and a great new berry flavor (along with a spiffy new packaging design)! We’ve received consistently excellent reviews, including a 9 out of 10 from Chris Null of Drinkhacker.

How Do Before You Drink Gummies Work?
Just take one serving (5 gummies) before you have your first glass (pro tip: keep a carton by your wine rack or decanter). Already begun tasting? Don’t worry, you can still take our gummies at any point in the evening, although we do recommend you take them…Before You Drink, if you can.

Every pack of Before You Drink gummies contains 2 servings of gummies, so you can always share, and if you’re having a big occasion, you can take that second serving yourself for added support! Drinking solo on a regular night? Just fold up the pouch and save the other serving for later. Or you can opt for our resealable “Party Pouch”, which we’re offering a special on for WB13!

Toast! To Berserker Day
Our gummies are available in a resealable party pouch or in a carton of individual pouches. Post-Berserker Day: Just because you missed Berserker Day doesn’t mean you have to pay full price. Get 15% off your first order when you use the code “Berserker15”

The best part? All orders over $20 ship free, and we ship everything Priority Mail, or FedEx/UPS Ground, so you’ll get your gummies within a week!

Background
I started Toast! after I was erroneously diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. As it turned out, that was completely wrong (my liver was fine, my spleen wasn’t so lucky), but it took months to discover that and my doctors were stumped in the interim. Looking for answers, I started researching and found a wealth of clinical studies that had been done in the past decade showing how natural ingredients like milk thistle, green tea, and prickly pear all could help support the liver and an alcohol consumer’s health. Some like prickly pear even showed the ability to help reduce or prevent a hangover!

After I got healthy, I started a MBA program at Babson College, where I was surrounded by people who were frequently going out and consuming alcohol. I ordered some of the ingredients I’d read about in research, and asked folks to try them out and let me know how they felt in the morning…and immediately got a great response. The only problem was that no one liked the pills. They tasted weird, you had to take a bunch, it felt like taking medicine…it hardly fit in with relaxing and enjoying yourself! So one day I got some Jello, mixed in my formula, and brought them to a party where they were promptly devoured within a minute.

Toast! has come a long way since then. Towards the end of my MBA program, I partnered with a clinical researcher named Dr. Joris Verster, who is the leading authority in this field, having published dozens of studies on alcohol and hangovers, who helped update our formulation based on the latest research. To make our gummies, we also partnered with a great American candymaker giving our gummies a candy quality texture and chew, and a great berry taste! Today, our gummies are made in a FDA registered, cGMP facility right here in the USA.

Disclosure: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Before You Drink Gummies will neither reduce nor prevent alcohol intoxication. You’re a grown up. Please drink responsibly.
Our gummies are not candy and should be kept from the reach of children.

Unlucky 13
To celebrate WineBerserker’s big 13th birthday, we’re offering a special deal to one lucky Berserker who orders and makes a comment in this thread as you’ll get a free bottle of both our Before You Sleep and Immune Support Gummies, as well as two free bulk pouches of our Before You Drink Gummies!

Like the gummy concept. Bought a pack!

Thanks Adam!

If anyone has any questions, comments, or just wants to say hello while you take a breather from all the BerserkerDay madness, I’ll be around much of the day. And if I’m not here when you post, then call me Arnold because “I’ll be back”.

will take a shot on these - in

Bought a pack! Looking forward to trying.

And I look forward to hearing what you think!

Certainly NONE of us would need these, right?

picked some up… TY

1 Like

Enjoy Nestor!

In for this! Why not?!? Cheers!

Curious. If, as you say, not to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, what are they for?

Order in, thanks

Worth a shot! Bought a pack.

I needed these yesterday.

Short Answer
Supporting your liver and restoring key nutrients when you drink!

Long Answer
That’s a standard FDA disclaimer; basically, anything that’s a dietary supplement, like all our gummies, has to say that by US law, and cannot make any claims about curing, preventing, diagnosing, or treating any disease or “disease condition”, a nebulous term that can cover everything from sleep problems (because they might result from insomnia, which is a “disease condition”) to hangovers. Unfortunately, quite a lot of companies and products break that rule by making claims they aren’t legally allowed to (Amazon in particular is rife with products that make illegal claims about everything from joint health to alzheimers).

Now, having said that, I can legally tell you about some of the ingredients we use. For instance, prickly pear was found in a 2004 study to help reduce hangover symptoms.. Similarly, our scientific advisor Dr. Joris Verster found that niacin and zinc had a significant effect on reducing hangover symptoms.. L-Cysteine was also found effective in one study, although Dr. Verster reviewed their data and found that the statistical significance did not hold up when a different statistical measure was applied.. Other ingredients like milk thistle, thiamin, and green tea have all had a significant number of studies performed about their benefits for alcohol consumers (predominantly due to their anti-inflammatory effects). Now, while all those ingredients are in our gummies, we can’t claim any of those benefits because those studies were just of the ingredient, not of our product specifically. That said, in developing our formulation, we’ve based everything on the latest research, combined with a lot of testing (I started with a list of 10 to 15 ingredients, which got narrowed down over time by having friends test different ones and telling me what worked for them and what didn’t).

On that note, we’ve been planning a clinical study of our gummies for quite some time…the only reason we haven’t done one yet is that:
A: We’ve updated our formula a few times based on the latest research (for instance, Dr. Verster gave us advance notice on his findings about zinc and niacin, so we were able to incorporate them into an updated version of our gummies in 2020).
B: It’s really expensive, and we simply haven’t had the money for it yet.

1 Like

My wife loves gummy-anything…easy purchase for Valentine’s Day

1 Like

Eric, thank you for reminding me…I had totally forgotten about Valentine’s Day!

Wine, cheese, gummies, there are some good options here for that!

Hmmm. Definitely worth checking out. I’m all for liver health! (Don’t ask me why I drink then…).

Because you’re all for heart health with a bit of red wine, right! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Gotta give these a try!