Six Cloves Wines - Elegant & Sophisticated Wines Crafted By A Japanese Woman Winemaker

-Small, elegant lots of wine, influenced by respect for the land and a family history of sake, soy, and miso makers-
Thank you for visiting the Six Cloves thread!! [thankyou.gif]

My name is Sonoe. I was born and raised in Nagano, Japan by a family of sake, soy sauce & miso-makers who have been in the business for many generations. Unlike my ancestors, I took a completely different path; chose a career in accounting, and moved around the world to climb the corporate ladder in NYC. While there, I fell in love with wine, the culture, and the community of it, and soon realized that pursuing a career in winemaking would be returning to my roots, my heritage, and my family. I applied to a winemaking program, headed west, and spent four years studying winemaking in the small town of Davis, California.

Since then, I’ve been fortunate to apprentice around the world with so many prominent winemakers including Ted Lemon of Littorai, Steve Matthiasson of Matthiasson Wines, Hiro Kusuda in New Zealand, and Andre Ostertag in Alsace– just to name a few.

Please click the link below to find out more about my story. [highfive.gif]
https://www.sixcloveswines.com/

-BerserkerDay 13 Extended Offers-

CHECK OFFERS FROM HERE: https://www.sixcloveswines.com/shop

Offer No. 1:

Introductory Set:
Three bottles of 2019 Vintage Six Cloves: one bottle each of the three wines described below- $110 - Free Shipping Included (Retail Value $151)

Note: Note: I have added another case of this offer for those who have missed the BD sales day! To encourage sharing, please limit one order of the 3-packs per customer.

2019 Chardonnay, Linda Vista Vineyards, Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley -13.2 % Alc x 1
This organically certified Chardonnay was carefully tendered by Steve Matthiasson, one of the most respected viticulturists in Napa. Fermented and aged in French and Hungarian barrels for 8 months with a sur lie method. It has notes of lightly-toasted nuts, Granny Smith apples, young citrus, and it finishes with high-toned acidity characteristic of the Olmo Chardonnay clone. Drink now, or cellar for 3-4 years.

2019 Magnolia Red Blend (Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon: 50/50), Los Carneros, Sonoma - 13.3 % Alc x 1
A blend of Merlot & Cabernet Sauvignon grown organically in a cold climate of Carneros in Sonoma by my Davis classmates Shaunt & Diego, the owners of Les Lunes Wine. Aged in neutral barrels for 9 months, unfined and unfiltered. The wine starts with red berries and a touch of cinnamon and clove notes, bell pepper, a round smooth tannin in texture with a pleasant acidy in the finish. Drink now or cellar for another 2-3 years.

2019 Primitivo, Benguerel Family Vineyards, Sonoma Valley, Sonoma - 15.2 % Alc x 1
Organically farmed by a young Ross Canard, a paviour to the famed Chez Panisse in Berkeley, CA. Whole cluster fermented and aged in neutral barrels for 9 months. The resulting wine has complex umami and red berries characters with well-balanced high acidity, unlike its counterpart of Zinfandel from California. Drink now or age for 3-5 years.

Please check out these fabulously detailed tasting notes by our great community members Brian Tuite and Chris Seiber for more information on Six Cloves’ wines from last November’s Newbie Palooza’s!! **OFFER EXTENDED** Six Cloves Intro Offer-Elegant & Sophisticated Wines Crafted By A Japanese Woman Winemaker - BerserkerDay NewbiePalooza 2021 - Nov 17, 2021 - WineBerserkers

Offer No 2:

2020 Chardonnay Linda Vista Vineyard 3-Bottle Pack -$110 - Free Shipping Included (Retail Value $150)

2020 Chardonnay, Linda Vista Vineyards, Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley -13.1 % Alc x 3
CCOF certified Chardonnay grown by renowned Steve Matthiasson from Napa Valley. The third vintage of Linda Vista Chardonnay expresses itself magnificently in this vintage. Its grapes were picked in perfect condition, fully articulating the site and clone’s potential. This Chardonnay has characters of fresh herbs and toasted hazelnut with Meyer lemon and pineapple notes offering a citrusy acid that lingers in the mouth. Drink now or age 3-4 years.

Offer No 3:

2019 Magnolia Red Blend (Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon: 50/50), Los Carneros, Sonoma 3-Bottle Pack -$110 - Free Shipping Included (Retail Value $165)
-Please check the above description about the wine.

Offer No 4:

2019 Primitivo, Benguerel Family Vineyards, Sonoma Valley, Sonoma 3-Bottle Pack -$110 - Free Shipping Included (Retail Value $141)
-Please check the above description about the wine.

Offer No 5:

Six Cloves’ Popular Red & White Wine Set-A Set of 6 Bottles (3 bottles of each wine)-$200: - Free Shipping Included (Retail Value $295, 10% further discount on 6 bottle pack!!)

2019 Magnolia Red Blend (Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon: 50/50), Los Carneros, Sonoma - 13.3 % Alc x 3 bottles
See above for more complete description. With its fine tannin and balanced acidity, the Magnolia Red is a fine complement to Asian cuisines and is a popular favorite with Japanese restaurateurs’.

2020 Chardonnay, Linda Vista Vineyards, Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley -13.1 % Alc x 3 bottles
See above for more description in detail. Sourced the grapes from the Linda Vista Vineyard third year in a row, located on the eastern side, a cooler area of the Oak Knoll District. The vineyard has been organically farmed (CCOF Certified Organic) by Steve Matthiasson since 2011.

ORDER OFFERS FROM HERE: https://www.sixcloveswines.com/shop

***In honor of WineBerserkers 13th anniversary, three “unlucky” Berserkers who make a purchase AND comment on this thread will receive a mystery bonus bottle!! I will announce unlucky winners in the future post!! [winner.gif]

Shipping:

-Six Cloves is now able to ship to 47 states! (Please note we don’t ship to : AK, HI & UT.)

Other Shipping Notes:

-All orders are shipped via FedEx Ground or GSO/GLS
-Shipping will start around mid-February and last through the month of March, weather permitting.
-Shipping and materials delays are unfortunately real. I will provide shipping updates on this thread. If you have a question in the meantime, please contact me at shirabayashi@sixcloveswines.com

My winemaking philosophy has evolved from what I’ve learned and experienced – creating the most authentic wines must honor the history of the vineyards and the landscape. And, equally as important, must reflect the people and the culture. Over the years, Japanese culture and philosophy, my heritage, has had a significant influence on my stylistic choices. Just as great sake is created to be in harmony with great Japanese cuisine, Six Cloves’ wines are created to be enjoyed with delicious food while expressing their own subtle beauty.

I have been producing small lots of wine, just a couple of hundred cases every year since 2017, selling almost exclusively at boutique wine shops and fine dining establishments in Japan until recently.
I’m so thrilled with this opportunity to share Six Cloves with the Wine Berserkers folks!! I hope all of you enjoy Six Cloves wine with family and friends – on its own or paired with your favorite meal. [cheers.gif]

My first order for this BD - I’m so happy you are now able to ship to IL and can’t wait to try your wines. I hear they are lovely!

1 Like

These look great Sonoe! I’m in for a pack!

1 Like

Thank you Siun!
You the lucky first customer on the BD13!!
I hope you enjoy my wines!!

Me too~!!

1 Like

In for a pack! Glad you can ship to Oklahoma. Thanks Sonoe!

1 Like

Thank you for your patience, Sean!
I’m so excited I can finally deliver Six Cloves’ wines to you!!

Orders are coming in a lot so far! Thank you, everyone, who has already purchased online!

1 Like

excited to try these

1 Like

6 pack ordered. Looking forward to trying another Linda Vista Chardonnay.

1 Like

In for a Red & White set!

1 Like

Thanks, you Robert! Yes, Steve makes awesome Chard from the vineyard. I’m so lucky to make wines from his beautiful grapes!

Thank you, Mike!! Very first order from GA!!

Just want to share a piece of great news for those who are interested in trying another Japanese woman winemaker’s wines on BD13!
Check out the Shiba Wichern in Oregon who grows & makes fantastic Pinots out in Oregon!!

1 Like

Thank you again, Sonoe!

Hey, Berserkers! As newbies ourselves last year, Akiko and I were thrilled with the welcome you all gave us! I hope every one takes a minute to check the impressive offerings from Six Cloves.

Without painting with too broad of a brush, I personally love the chance to try wines from wine-makers with different cultural backgrounds than my own. So, I am super excited to see not one but two Japanese women offering their wines here on Berserkers - especially, since one is my wife and the other is our friend, Sonoe…

2 Likes

Guys - I’ve recently tasted the 2019 and 2020 Chardonnays with my wine group. These are really excellent and well made wines and an absolute steal for the price.

The 2019 had more structure and complexity which really came out on day 2.
2020 was also great, charming and a real crowd pleaser.

Great job Sonoe!!!

1 Like

Order placed for the 3 pack - excited to give these a try!

1 Like

Hi Dan!

Thank you for tasting my wines with your tasting group friends & was so thrilled to hear all of you enjoyed my chards!
Can wait to hear how you guys like about my reds soon!

Hi guys! I can’t believe early purchase day is almost over!!

Many thanks to those who have purchased from all over the US today! I can’t wait to meet more future Six Cloves fans tomorrow!!

In for 2 3-packs! Look forward to trying them.

1 Like