Washington state Chenin and Merlot from Erica Orr BD13

Hello Wine Berserkers- I’m Erica Orr, an enologist and winemaker up here in Washington.
Last year on Berserker Day12, I was a newbie. Sincere thanks for the support! Excited to participate in BD13!
Erica Orr Wines

Origin Story: My first harvest was in Napa Valley in 1998 with Cathy Corison. Then I went to wine school at UC Davis, worked harvests at Cain, Gary Farrell, Domaine Dujac, Yering Station and was the enologist at Rudd for a couple years before I moved up to Washington. I run a wine lab and winemaking consulting business here for wineries including Baer and Guardian. My brand Orr has mainly been sold to restaurants and wine shops around Seattle and New York City – I launched this direct-to-consumer business in a response to the pandemic. Frankly, it’s been learning by doing hustling like this but it’s been fun to personally connect with my customers and see your posts after you taste my wines. Honored to be included in today’s offers (Thank you Todd [cheers.gif] ). Much love for my team in the vineyard and cellar who make it possible to share my wine with you!

If you have ANY questions about my wines please reach out! contact@ericaorrwines.com. States I can’t ship to are listed at the end of this message. You may purchase these wines by clicking HERE or by clicking on the BERSERKER DEALS tab on my website www.ericaorrwines.com.
Use the promo code BD13.

OFFER 1
(3 Bottles)

3 bottles of 2021 Old vine Columbia Valley Chenin blanc (technically these are “futures” this wine will be bottled March 2022)

Other 364 days = $75, BD13 = $65 ground shipping included

OFFER 2
(6 Bottles) SOLD OUT

Old vine Columbia Valley Chenin vertical 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
one bottle from each of those 6 vintages
11 verticals available

BD13 = $150 ground shipping included

Tanzer for Vinous had this to say about the 2019 Chenin: “Bright, pale yellow. Delicate perfume of citrus and stone fruits, hay, spring flowers, shiso leaf and mint, with an element of minerality emerging with air. Juicy, tactile and penetrating, showing a lovely touch of spicy, yeasty complexity to the intense peach and honeydew flavors. A saline quality contributes to the wine’s dusty, tactile character. Quite dry but not at all austere, this Chenin has real punch and grip and should evolve in an interesting way for at least a couple years. 91 points.”

OFFER 3
(3 Bottles)

3 bottles of 2019 Royal Slope Merlot

Other 364 days = $75, BD13 = $65 ground shipping included

In honor of BD13, the thirteenth order wins a bottle of my sold out 2020 Old vine Chenin blanc. champagne.gif

CLICK HERE TO ORDERI CANNOT ship to: AL, SD, RI, DE, ND, MS, NH, and UT.
Shipping OK with special rates = HI and AK

Last year’s BD was our first exposure to Erica Orr Wines, and her Merlot was the stand out in a tasting we did with our tasting group, beating out Gramercy, L’Ecole, and Andrew Will among others. I’m glad to see an offer for Merlot for BD13!

3 Likes

I am missing your Grenache! bummer.

Bruce, you should give our Grenache a try! :slight_smile:

Merlot was terrific last year

1 Like

Erica’s Chenin Blanc is amazing every vintage. Best Chenin outside of France!

1 Like

I had the chance to try Erica’s wines at a Riesling Conference this year, and I cannot over-state how much I enjoyed her wines!

But that doesn’t matter. You know why? Because Johannes freakin’ Selbach was also at the event and sought me out to ask who made “these amazing wines” and asked to be introduced. There were a lot of wines at the Conference, it’s hard to ask for higher praise than that!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for these kind words, Kelby and for re-telling that story about Herr Johannes Freakin’ Selbach at your Finger Lakes event last summer. He told me my chenin triggered a feeling in him of “wanting to swallow and drink more” which may be the highest praise I have ever received. Wooooo it still feels good to remember that day…

I look forward to your offerings from Red Newt on Berserker Day! [cheers.gif]
Cheers,
Erica

1 Like

In for offer 1, 2 and 3!

1 Like

Order in for the Merlot. Can’t wait to try one!

1 Like

IN.

[cheers.gif]

2 Likes

As a fellow Aggie, I’m looking forward to trying all your wines!

1 Like

Hard to pass up a deal like that on Chenin Blanc. In for a 3 pack!

1 Like

In for the Merlot! Can’t wait to try them!

1 Like

Woo hoo! So fun to see all these orders come in fast and furious! Love to see these comments!
Cheers to Berserker Day and Cheers to Todd and Brig!

In for some Chenin!

1 Like

Nice.
I need some more white wines for summer.
Worth a shot on the Chenin Blanc.
Thankyou.

1 Like

Also in for the merlot!

Erica, I was charged $15 for shipping

Really looking forward to trying your wine!!

1 Like

Heard and read great things about your wines Erica.
Happily in for a 3-pack!
I look so forward to trying these wines!

2 Likes

In for the chenin vertical and added a few grenache bottles. The grenache vertical last year was outstanding- don’t sleep on those! A deal for $25

2 Likes