Offer Extended through 1/31 - Bougetz Cellars - BD13 - Great 3-packs. 30/40/50% off

BerserkerDay 13 Offer From Bougetz CellarsGreat wines, and you save more, the more you buy!Offer will be available through the weekend, in case you were not able to make it today!

We are excited to be part of the Lucky 13 Berserker Days event and we will be offering something extra for our lucky 13 orders. Every 13th order received will receive a magnum of our single vineyard Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (2017 Amaryllis). I have some library wines as well as a couple of new releases to you to choose from. Great wines across the board. All packs are limited in availability.
What we are offering are five different wines, in 3-packs. A nice assortment of the various wines I make. All are 30% off, with shipping included. If you buy 2 of the packs, you will receive 40% off (a total of 6 bottles), and with added incentive, if you purchase 4 packs (a total of 12 bottles), you will receive 50% off! You can mix and match the various 3-pack offerings. These are some spectacular wines, at tremendous pricing. You can learn more about us at our website Bougetz Cellars. All packs can be seen here . If you have any questions or want to make arrangements to purchase without doing it on-line, just PM me. I’ll be online most of the day.

Pack #1 – 2015 Jetrois Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon 3-pack
Deal: 30/40/50% off + shipping included
$176.40 for one 3-pack (Regular $252 + shipping)

The 2015 Jetrois Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon is a single vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon from the heart of Rutherford. It is a blend of 97% Cabernet Sauvignon and 3% Petit Verdot. This wine is dark ruby/purple in color with classic Rutherford dust notes brimming in the glass. Bright red raspberry and black cherry notes are hidden by a layer of oak that with integrate well with time. The tannins blanket a bursting mouth of sweet blackberries, which have a lightness on the finish. 14.7% abv, 100 cases.

• 2015 Jetrois Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon (92pt James Suckling)

Buy a 2015 Jetrois 3-pack

Pack #2 – 2018 Prominence Reserve Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 3-pack
$207.90 for one 3-pack (Regular $297 + shipping)

The 2018 Prominence Napa Valley Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon is a blend of 95% Cabernet Sauvignon with 5% Merlot. Only the best barrels, selected in a blind tasting from all our Cabernet Sauvignon sources, make it into this wine. This reserve wine was aged in 100% new French oak for 22 months. This wine offers up a combination of power and structure from the best Napa Valley sources while showing dark black cherry and cassis aromas, blanketed with spice and nutty notes. Full-bodied, this wine shows a veil of tannin layered on the juicy blackberry flavors. A fresh finish keeps this wine clean and tantalizing your palate. This wine has great aging potential and will reward by waiting 4 to 5 years. 14.6% abv, 170 cases.

• 2018 Prominence Reserve Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (94pt James Suckling, 93+pt Jeb Dunnuck)

Buy a 2018 Prominence 3-pack

Pack #3 – 2018 Eminence Coombsville Cabernet Sauvignon 3-pack
$136.50 for one 3-pack (Regular $195 + shipping)

The 2018 Eminence Coombsville Cabernet Sauvignon is a blend of 96% Cabernet Sauvignon, 2% Petit Verdot, and 2% Malbec. This Cabernet is sourced from Caldwell Vineyard in the Coombsville AVA. Showing a deep ruby/purple color, with an immense power just waiting to jump from the glass. This is characteristic of the Coombsville AVA, the coolest area in Napa that still can ripen Cabernet Sauvignon. Blackberries, cassis and a note of chocolate escape from the glass. A bit of patience on this wine, as a few years of aging will help develop the mouth-coating fresh black fruits. 14.8% abv, 160 cases.

• 2018 Eminence Coombsville Cabernet Sauvignon (93pt James Suckling, Best of Coombsville - Decanter)

Buy a 2018 Eminence 3-pack

Pack #4 – 2016 Jovana Napa Valley Merlot/Cabernet Franc 3-pack
$109.20 for one 3-pack (Regular $156 + shipping)

The 2016 Jovana Napa Valley Merlot/Cabernet Franc is a blend of 59% Merlot and 41% Cabernet Franc, The Merlot comes from Orchard Vineyard in the Oak Knoll district, with the Cabernet Franc coming from the top of Mt Veeder, from the Yates Family Vineyard. Showing dark ruby color, fresh blueberries, black cherries and cedar notes leap from the glass. The inviting nose is followed with a broad, juicy mid-palate that is kept in check with a fresh, clean finish. Very pleasing now but will show even better with two to four years of cellaring. 14.5% abv, 165 cases.

• 2016 Jovana Napa Valley Merlot/Cabernet Franc (92+pt Robert Parker)

Buy a 2016 Jovana 3-pack

Pack #5 - 2017 The Cairn Catie’s Corner Vineyard Pinot Noir 3-pack
$88.22 for one 3-pack (Regular $126 + shipping)

The 2017 The Cairn Pinot Noir is a single vineyard wine which comes from Catie’s Corner Vineyard in the Russian River Valley. The fruit is sourced from two blocks, which are different clones (Wadenswil 1A and 2B). The must was fermented with 15% whole cluster providing a bit more mouthfeel and spiciness. The wine was stored on the lees, with monthly stirring, while aging in 40% new French oak. The 2017 The Cairn displays dark, red cherry notes, with a tantalizing spiciness on the palate. Richer than in years past, this wine will develop more with a couple of years bottle aging. 14.2% abv, 230 cases.

• 2017 The Cairn Catie’s Corner Vineyard Russian River Pinot Noir (92pt James Suckling)

buy 2017 The Cairn 3-pack

We ship to all states except AL, HI, MS, UT and VT. I’ll be online all day so if you have ordering questions, either post to this thread, send me a PM or email me at thomas@bougetzcellars.com.

Thomas makes some really great Cabs and Red Blends. I have bought the last several years and everything I have tried has been awesome. The wines are rich but also very balanced and pure. Great QPR here, buy with confidence!

1 Like

This is a new name for me. I just picked up a #4 to try.

Logan, I think you will be extremely happy with this wine. It’s a great marriage between valley floor Merlot (a Beckstoffer vineyard) and high elevation Mt Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon. Same two blocks, from the same two vineyards every year! The 2016 is tasting extremely well at 6 years of age, but there are plenty of great years ahead of it! Enjoy!

Thanks Paul, for the nice comment. Hope you continue to enjoy those wines!!!

Bought #3 and #4 - They all sound fantastic!

1 Like

Joseph, you are going to enjoy both of these wines. The Eminence, from Caldwell vineyard in Coombsville is a dark, sexy wine, with years and years of cellar time in front of it. What I love about this location is that while the wines show great ageability, they generally are pretty easy to pop and pour too!

Had to go with 1-4. What an amazing deal. Thank you!

Just went in for a mixed case. Looks fantastic!

In for a mixed case. Bought the Jovana and Eminence last year and loved them.

Order in for a mixed case! Jovana, Eminence and Prominence! We love these! Thanks Tom!

Excited to try 4 & 5, thanks!

Great to see you in there Albert! Figured you might see that Prominence!!!

HI Scott,
these are both going to be great wines. Very age worthy. I hope, if you get curious, you can pop one early, but they definitely will reward patience.

A yearly purchase anymore for us! Fingers crossed for lucky 13 :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m looking for a little guidance on the style here. The notes on CT aren’t all that helpful in figuring it out. Does this lean toward big or restrained? Oak or fruit or earth? (Yes, not mutually exclusive.) The pH and TA stats I found suggest these are not lush fruit bombs, at least. How would this compare to, say, Corison’s style?

I have bought several cases from Thomas over the last 3 or 4 BerserkerDays, and I really love his style. Specifically, I have bought the Eminence Cab and the Jovana Merlot/Cab Franc blend. There is plenty of ripe Napa fruit, but I find them to have just a bit more of a lean profile than some of the huge Napa fruit bombs out there, so I would say they are more like Corison Cabs than say some of the newer 15% ABV Cabs. They drink well on PNP with some air, but they age really well too. His 2011’s from a not so great vintage are drinking great right now. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I’m no good at this but I feel like these are fruit driven, as in you really taste the grapes/vineyard. The selections I have had have been well balanced between oak, tannin, fruit. They are certainly not austere or herbaceous in my opinion. We just call them “yummy” around here :grin:. And again this is just our experience. I ordered Eminence (which we have had) and Jetrois which have not had.

2 Likes

Good questions Ron. Thanks to those who responded, but I thought I’d give you the data you are looking for.
Interesting you mention Corison, and Kathy’s property abuts up to the back or our winery’s property! Wine style is a bit different though.
My target pH for my red is generally around 3.60-3.72. I am looking to get the most fruit I can, out of a wine that is still have the ability to age. I also enjoy a little lower pH (equate to more acidity in the wine) as this generally makes the wine easier to enjoy with food.
For the wines that are being offered up, the pH’s are as follows:

2015 Jetrois Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon (3.60pH)
2016 Jovana Napa Valley Merlot/Cabernet Franc (3.61 pH)
2018 Eminence Coombsville Cabernet Sauvignon (3.68pH)
2018 Prominence Reserve Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (3.70pH)

Hope that helps,
tom

1 Like

Super helpful, thanks all! I was thinking of the two lowest pH wines already so I’ll probably take the plunge! (Although if you’re talking perceived acidity, apparently it’s more about TA?) Looking forward to trying these, probably in a few years!