SOLD OUT Vincent - Oregon Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Gamay

UPDATE - We are out of BerserkerDay packs, thanks to everyone who ordered. We do have a new offer coming to the mailing list this week so email me (vincentwines@gmai.com) to get on the list, never any obligations, just the best prices I offer and tasting appointments (no cost) at the winery are exclusively for those on the list. Cheers!

A short backgrounder on Vincent Wine Company. I started the winery in 2009 after apprenticing at a producer in my native CA and then several producers in Oregon’s Willamette Valley once I moved here. I work Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Gamay, as well as Pinot Blanc and Pinot Gris (get on my list for future access to those). Production is approximately 2000 cases annually. I make the wines with a small crew at a leased facility on Eola Hills Road. Tastings only by appointment.

I work with seven top quality vineyards around the Willamette Valley, all dry farmed with at least sustainable-certified farming methods, though many are organically farmed. I’m a member of the Deep Roots Coalition, dedicated to dry farming. My philosophy is old school - truly let the grape, place and vintage speak. I make no adjustments to the grapes in the winery, and no additions except a judicious use of sulfur dioxide. I want vintages and terroir to speak, like the great producers of the world do. All wines are naturally fermented and unfined and unfiltered, with minimal punchdowns or pumpovers. All wines are aged in French oak but I don’t use new barrels, just a mix of younger and older, up to 15 year old casks. I’m looking for purity in the wines, and my role as winemaker is a guide or leader, not controller. The results are classic, textural, aromatic wines that drink well young but have sneaky age-worthiness. Alcohols range typically in the 11-12% for Chards and 12-13% for Pinot and Gamay, things can vary by vintage but all the wines here are in these ranges. You can find lots of writes ups on my wines in Vinous and Burghound, as well as notes here and in Cellartracker. I’m 13 vintages in, like Wine Berserkers, and here’s to at least 13 more.

Here are my BerserkerDay13 offers. Mix and match to fill out a case, or more. Shipping is included with everything. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your orders and support. Thank you! And don’t miss your chance for the unicorn drawing at the end!!

To order, email your picks to vincentwines@gmail.com and I’ll follow up as soon as possible. I can email you an invoice via Square for card payment, or I’m @VincentWines on Venmo.

Ribbon Ridge 6-pack – SOLD OUT
2 bottles each:
2019 Vincent Chardonnay Armstrong Vineyard
2019 Vincent Pinot Noir Armstrong Vineyard
2019 Vincent Pinot Noir Ribbon Ridge (a Florida Jim “oh my!”)
All of the grapes involved here come from Armstrong Vineyard, planted in 2007. Just down the road from Brick House vineyard, in the heart of Ribbon Ridge, Armstrong has marine sedimentary soils and a mix of Dijon clones of Pinot Noir, and several different clones of Chardonnay. The Chardonnay was barrel fermented in older oak, aged on the lees 18 months and gives a racy, minerally, lemon focused white wine. Drink now to five years, or more. The Armstrong Vineyard designate Pinot Noir is also 18 months in barrel, with approx 30% whole cluster fermentation. It’s fragrant and spicy with classic cherries, black tea and brown spice qualities and fine, chalky tannin. Drink 2024-2030+. The Ribbon Ridge cuvee is declassified Armstrong barrels, bottled after 10 months in cask, to highlight the fruit and easier texture. A Florida Jim Cowan “oh my” vintage after vintage, don’t miss this one. Drink now to five years.

Eola-Amity Hills 6-pack – SOLD OUT
2 bottles each:
2019 Vincent Chardonnay Royer Vineyard
2019 Vincent Pinot Noir Zenith Vineyard
2019 Vincent Pinot Noir Temperance Hill Vineyard
The Eola-Amity Hills AVA is windier than Ribbon Ridge, leading to later harvests and a touch more brisk acidity, generally. Soils are a mix of red volcanic in the higher elevations to sandy marine sediments and the base of the hills. Royer Vineyard is a new site high on the western side of the hills, with thin volcanic soils and lots of wind. Dijon clones here, harvested early and fermented and aged in older French oak for 18month on the lees. More density compared to the Armstrong chardonnay, lemon curd and fine texture. Drink now to 2027. The Zenith Pinot Noir is all Pommard clone in marine soils, with lots of whole cluster character here, medium ruby color with spice and red fruits, more piquant than Armstrong. So much texture here in a lighter package, lacy and pure. Drink 2024-2030. The Pinot Noir Temperance Hill is from my oldest vines, own-rooted Wadenswil planted in 1983. Fully destemmed, this has more color and fruit intensity, and then the earthy signature of this high elevation, red volcanic site. Temperance is one of our Grand Crus, period. Drink 2024-2032 or beyond.

Chardonnay 6-pack - SOLD OUT
2 bottles each:
2019 Vincent Chardonnay Willamette Valley “Tardive”
2019 Vincnet Chardonnay Armstrong Vineyard
2019 Vincent Chardonnay Royer Vineyard
A sampler of my best 2019 Chards, the aforementioned Armstrong and Royer vineyards designates, Armstrong on marine soils, Royer all volcanic. Then my flagship Chardonnay, the Willamette Valley cuvee Tardive that comes mostly from 1980s planted own-rooted 108 clone from Dion Vineyard, with unique loess soils in the Laurelwood District of the Chehelam Mountains. The story of Oregon chardonnay is that the old clones were no good, but that’s not true. They just like long elevage in barrel on the lees and later bottling - hence the cuvee Tardive designation. Eighteen months on the lees, bottled unfitted as with everything I do, this wine is crystalline and racy with the richness of good, delicate Chardonnay. You may have heard how Oregon Chardonnay is breaking through to new levels. Check these out!

Gamay 6-pack - SOLD OUT
3 bottles each:
2020 Vincent Gamay Noir Willamette Valley
2019 Vincent Gamay Noir Bjornson Vineyard
The Willamette Valley is also a breakout area for Gamay. A child of Pinot Noir, Gamay is the grape of Beaujolais and grows fantastically in our similarly acidic soils in the Willamette Valley. The 2020 Gamay WV comes from old vines on loess soils in the Chehalem Mountains grafted in recent years to Gamay Noir. The intensity of the 2020 crop comes through in a dark purple color, with juicy berries and lots of black pepper. Drink now to 2024, I like this one young and fresh. In contrast, the 2019 Gamay Bjornson Vineyard comes from volcanic soils right next to the legendary Seven Springs vineyard. Lots of power in Bjornson Gamay, Ehren Jordan of Faila also works with this fruit and discussed it in an I’ll Drink to That pod a few years back, look for it. Deep color but so floral with fruit and earth notes, citrusy bright berry flavors and zingy Gamay acidity, I love this wine now but I bet in five to 10 years you’d find it still fresh and lively.

Pinot Noir 6-pack - SOLD OUT
2 bottles each:
2019 Vincent Pinot Noir Armstrong Vineyard
2019 Vincent Pinot Noir Zenith Vineyard
2019 Vincent Pinot Noir Temperance Hill Vineyard
My top three vineyards, in the classic 2019 vintage, enough said. See wine descriptions above.

Want to get creative and make your own sampler? Let me know what you’d like and I’ll put something together just for you, pricing in the same range as these deals above.

Special, insane, Berserk, unicorn offer!!
In honor of “lucky” BD13, buyers who also comment in this thread will be entered in a special drawing I’ll do at 8pm Pacific time on January 27. Winner will be announced in this thread. They will receive one 1.5L mag of my 2008 Vincent Zenith Vineyard Pinot Noir - with shipping included. This is pre-commercial wine that was included in my first BerserkerDay offer in 2011. This wine was part of a comprehensive 2008 vintage retrospective at Walter Scott in 2015, post-IPNC. First flight, all blind, this wine was right there with '08s from some of Oregon’s top producers, what a moment when things were unveiled. Notes in the archives. I owe my winemaking career to connections made on sites like Wine Berserkers. Happy to share something from the archives to celebrate BD13!

To order, email your picks to vincentwines@gmail.com. I can email you an invoice via Square for card payment, or I’m @VincentWines on Venmo. Thanks!!

1 Like

Excited for these!

1 Like

I ordered some Chards about 4 months ago, they are outstanding!

Win - win… delicious wine and some raffle excitement to look forward to. Thank you!

Thanks for the early love, stoked for the latest BerserkerDay. I’m selling but I’m buying too!!! Get ready credit cards!!!

In, excited to try these Pinots after all the glowing reviews on the board.

Order emailed. Re-stocking bot PN and Chard. Thanks!

Vincent - shot you an email!

Big fan here and will reorder both PN and Gamay.

Very much love the wines I tried over the last year. In for a case

Order in for a Case. I’ve been buying Vincents wines for about 5 years now and they continue to improve and evolve. 2019 has been my favorite Vincent vintage to date. I’ve drank through almost all my Chardonnay so time to stock up.

1 Like

Email sent Vincent! Can’t wait for the Pinot 6-pack!

In for the Ribbon Ridge six pack, love the 2019s.

-Al

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve ever had a Chardonnay from Armstrong Vineyard yet - as good a reason as any to order some wine [cheers.gif]

So good to see all the early orders, and everyone commenting who’s ordered is entered into the mag drawing tomorrow evening. I can’t say it enough - I owe what I do to communities like Wine Berserkers. All your support, especially from people who I’ve known online like Cole from way before I made wine, how incredible, how berserk is it to be at this point today. Thanks all. champagne.gif pepsi [berserker.gif]

in for the pinot 6 pack!!! looking forward to it

Don’t think I’ve had the Armstrong Chardonnay, either (my fault for not buying previously).

-Al

Order in. Some of the best values imaginable. Probably going to open one tonight.

I would like a mixed case of singles: 7 pinot noir, 2 gamey, and 3 chards.

Will send an email to work out details and get invoice.

Thank you!
John

Armstrong is probably my favorite Vincent vineyard (though it’s a tough call) so the Ribbon Ridge order was a no-brainer for me.