Little Wings: 20% Discounts, Raffles, Early Access, and the warm and fuzzies!

Little Wings: Wine that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy

The short version: We work with Ian Brand to produce an old school, cool-climate, beautifully balanced Syrah whose sole mission is to help NICU babies and their families navigate one of the most intimidating and trying experiences anyone could imagine, all while showcasing how elegant and breathtaking California Syrah can be! We also started producing a Rosé with Ian that’s equally awesome!

About the 2019 Syrah: Straight from Rodnick Farm in the Chalone AVA, we pulled beautiful little Syrah berries off their 20-30-year-old vines before fermenting (half whole-cluster) and aging in neutral French Oak barrels for 19 months. Just before bottling, Ian blended in 8% Grenache and 5% Mourvedre to give it that perfect balance it needed. A ringer for St. Joseph, the 2019 leads with violets, plums, cracked pepper, and raspberries on the nose – with even a hint of that Monterey Bay salinity showing through. On the palate the wine is light for a Syrah, but still ever-present and bright with just the right touch of acidity. Fruity balanced with great tannin and a long finish, the 2019 Syrah drinks beautifully today but will please those who can keep their hands off for a few years.

Our really important WHY: In 2015 our daughter, Mikaela, was born prematurely at just 24 weeks. After 11 hard-fought days in the University of Miami Holtz Children’s Hospital NICU, she passed away and left her mark on this world. This experience led us to speak with Ian Brand about creating a wine in our daughter’s memory and demonstrate that even the smallest lives can have a lasting impact on the world. 100% of Little Wings’ profits are donated to NeoPals – an organization within Holtz Children’s Hospital dedicated to improving the experience of babies of families in the NICU. NeoPals ensures families are receiving regular updates, are interacting with their babies to the fullest medically permitted extent, plans “cute” photo shoots for the preemies, provides baby and family with “heartbeat teddy bears” which contain recordings of one another’s heartbeats, and in the worst of cases, NeoPals supports families with bereavement materials and guidance. Their work is truly incredible and depends on our funding to succeed and continually improve their programs.

The bottom line: I genuinely (albeit biasedly) believe our Syrah to be amongst the very best and most unique Syrah’s produced in the US. This is what California Syrah does when you treat it nicely, grow it some place cool, and let it show off. I’m a Syrah nut first and foremost, and believe every Syrah lover should have this wine in their collection (without even mentioning all the good your money does once you’ve bought the wines!).

THE OFFER

The discount: 20% off our all of Syrah options with code BERSERKER20 - Available Wines – Little Wings

The special offer: Our 2021 Rosé will arrive in early March. I’m offering Berserkers a special opportunity to pre-order 6-packs of Little Pink Moonbeams at a 20% discount with free shipping using this link - https://littlewingswine.com/products/berserkers-day-2021-rose-6-pack-pre-order.

The raffle: I will be offering one of only 60 magnums produced of our 2019 Syrah as a raffle for anyone who orders our Syrah or Rose as part of Berserkers Day. Plain and simple, every 3-pack of Syrah and every 6-pack of rosé counts as one entry into our raffle, which I’ll conduct the week after the dust settles on BD. These are beautifully etched with white and gold ink inlaid. Only 60 pieces were produced, and include a Little Wings gift box. 2019 is the first vintage where these magnums have been made available for sale.

Ok, that’s everything! Thanks for your time and interest, and I appreciate all of your support!

Shipping: We ship to all states except: AK, AR, HI, KY, MS, UT, and WV. No international shipping unfortunately.

In for the Rosé!

In for a 3pk of the 2018 Syrah!

In for one of each! Couldn’t be happier to support this amazing cause.

Agreed. In for a 6 pack of rose.

Jorge, how would you compare 2018 to 2019 syrah?

I’m so sorry to read about your loss. These bottles look beautiful. Chalone AVA Syrah + Ian Brand + helping a good cause, what a special purchase. Thank you for sharing and letting us try these wines!

I, too, shall partake in the devouring of the '19 syrah.

Thanks for all of the orders and kind words so far! What an awesome community. I can’t wait to get these wines into everyone’s hands.

Order in for a rose 6 pack. What a great cause.

Ordered the rose’ 6 pack. I’m always looking to help a good cause.

And the wines ain’t half-bad! flirtysmile

In on a 1/2 case of Rose.

I snagged the 2018s. I am looking forward to it, thank you!

You guys are really putting a dent in the remaining 2018’s! Only three 3-packs of that one left.

Such a great cause, great wine, fantastic labels. Big win all around.
830AE8C0-B433-406D-804C-C7ED35178D14.jpeg

In for a 3-pack of both the 2018 and 2019. What a great cause and what great way to honor Mikaela.

Thank you Ed! Our perspective is that even the tiniest humans can have a huge impact on the world. So we’re honoring her, but she’s the one that set all of this amazing work in motion.

2 Likes

Hey Jorge- Hope you’re doing alright.

Proud to support your efforts and purchase Little Wings annually. Let us know when you’re visiting family in our neck of the woods and we’ll get the crew together for an offline.

Mike Steinberg

Great cause, fantastic wines. We opened an '18 and was fantastic with some air. Order in!