07 Napa Cabs settling down?

07 Levy and McCllelan ampersand-popped corked at around 9 am, re-corked, consumed for dinner. i would have shortened this window. but drinking nicely.

I wonder when I should open my first 07 Diamond Creek. Thinking 10 years from now?

07 ACV Eloge was all class and just terrific this week. Still on the young side and no rush.

07 Drinkward Peschon- very similar in terms of profile and balance. This was excellent pnp about 1 hour after opening.

2007 Rivers Marie is drinking great

2007 Lamborn Howell Mtn singing on 2 occasions within the last month. Tannins have really resolved. I will drink most of my 07’s before 08 and 06’s.

a couple of hours in a decanter and drank over a couple more.
I used to buy Beau Vigne but I think my palate has moved away from Phinney’s style.

Sipping on the 07 Larkmead Solari and waiting on the steaks. This is a terrific wine and really in it’s prime drinking window. Tannins and Oak have completely integrated. I’ll post a note after dinner.

I think Spottswoode will be the only 07 I have that I cellar past 10 years.

Cheers

I moved the 2007 Heitz Trailside into the up and waiting position, but back it has gone to the cellar. I have loved this one and only have one left.

We had a bottle of the 2007 Robert Craig Howell Mountain recently. This wine showed very well and should continue to drink well for several years. We have two left and will be in no hurry to open them.

Thanks,
Ed