1 night, 2 people, 7 bottles of 2014 white burgundy.

you sure you weren’t drinking Matrot?

Painful, and shocking.

I have had over 30 bottles of ‘14 Ramonet from Villages to Grand Cru and not one oxidized bottle.

Yes, terrible…and terrifying: I own a fair amount of '14.

Dreadful - you have my sympathies :frowning:. I do feel Ramonet has been a bit insulated from the opprobrium thrown at some of the other disappointing producers. Leflaive has been hauled over the coals here many times, but I feel Ramonet is at least as bad - and WORSE as they haven’t really done anything to address it (unlike Leflaive).

Me and my wine group used to drink a lot of Ramonet until we had a bunch of oxidized 95 and 96’s- like 50%. I never bought them again. Since then their prices have gone way up and I never understood why. I guess it’s because Burgundy in general has gone way up in price and Ramonet rode the wave like all the rest. I will say that someone brought a recent vintage Ruchottes which was killer good, but I’m not taking any chances. My personal rule now is that if I ever get even one premoxed wine I will NEVER buy that producer again.

I got burned w 96 Ramonet. Not since. And I drink a lot of Ramonet.

I guess Jacob gets them all now.

Based on the thread title I thought that King Angry was back. Actually, after that experience OP probably qualifies for that title.

Deleted.

I agree.

+2 … BTW DIAM doesn’t prevent oxidation but it doesn’t help it along either. Too many factors at play.

Wow not very good luck. I have had one bad wine from a screw cap in my life and guess what it was a White Burg. 2015 Dominique Cornin Mâcon-Chaintré

Je ne sais ce qui vous pousse à écrire ici que deux de mes 2014 sont oxydés. Je tiens à signaler aux lecteurs que ces vins sont en pleine forme et très loin de leur fin de vie. Il est vraiment incroyable de lire de telles choses sur une interface qui d’habitude est aussi sérieuse. Sachez le, nos 2014 ne sont ni évolués, ni en passe d’être oxydés. Et j’invite chaque lecteur à venir au domaine pour les déguster.

I;m so sorry… what an awful feeling,
so much tragedy in the pursuit of attempting to repeat that wonderful sensual memory of amazing Burgundy
More tragedy than absolute joy,
that is awful…
The Burgundy wine gods owe you.

I may be sticking my nose in uninvited, but I would be disposed to contact the source that these bottles were acquired and bang my fist on the counter…
some one owes you…

Great memories of the '96 Rouge from Ramonet, 1er Cru, I forget the Climat…
it was as good as a Grand Cru…

Don’t know if people caught this since it’s in French, but this is Patrick Essa from Buisson-Charles saying it’s ridiculous to claim that his 2014 wines are oxidized. Quick Google Translate translation:

I do not know what prompts you to write here that two of my 2014 are oxidized. I would like to point out to readers that these wines are in great shape and very far from their end of life. It’s truly amazing to read such things on an interface that is usually this serious. Please note, our 2014s are neither evolved nor in the process of being oxidized. And I invite every reader to come to the estate to taste them

I have to say that six out of seven 2014s from good producers being oxidized seems almost statistically impossible given my own experience with white Burgundies over the years. Something else was probably going on here, like heat damage in transport.

thank you for the translation Marcus. sorry to have written in French, I should have done it directly in English. it seems obvious to me that this message is a crude maneuver to highlight the merits of the Diam cap. This form of lobbying is well known, discrediting the domains that continue to clog their bottles with the best natural corks to better promote corks made from glues and agglomerated corks. I do not accept that our work is being denigrated in order to better promote a process that pays a lot of money to a group whose only real motive is this.

No problem Patrick, the winemaker should be heard. But I must warn you, once travel is possible again you may eventually regret inviting “chaque lecteur” of this very large and active wine board to come taste 2014s with you at your domaine! [cheers.gif]

Sorry for your run of oxidized bottles. My experience with Buisson-Charles has been to the contrary. Between 2017 and 2019, I drank 11 bottles of 1er crus (mostly Bouches Chères and Goutte d’Or) from the 2008 vintage and 3 bottles of Charmes from the 2011 vintage. I did not encounter a single oxidized bottle. I commented on four of these bottles on Oxidized Burgundies page. On the basis of my experience, I purchased 15 bottles of 1er Cru and Village wines from the 16 and 17 vintages that I am waiting to enjoy.

This post brings me back to my bad, bag experience with my purchase of many, many bottles 2002 white burgundy - due to the POX issues. [swearing.gif]