10 years of Wine Berserkers--what does it mean to you?

I find it amusing that many of the top posters (by post count) are those whose sole commodity is time, the billable hour, in 0.1 increments. Imagine the millions that have been wasted on this dang site!

[bow.gif] [thankyou.gif] newhere

We call it the Fu’nzi Scheme.

Wasted? Whatever do you mean? I bill all that time to the Human Fund. Money For People, bruh

you lawyer folks actually bill a 6 minute increment ?! . . . . well, I suppose at your rates that will get you a decent bottle of wine

To me, the best thing about WB is that it’s shown that we don’t need (no friggin’) moderating. Sure, there are some heated exchanges from time to time. But we’ve collectively established and stuck to a code of civility, mostly. The standards of decency are very high. it’s a wonderful statement about everyone here.

Klapp should return for a 10th anniversary cameo appearance.

Oh, Klapp is still here. Trust me.

In fact, he’s probably in his Villa in Italy, in dirty boxer shorts and a ripped Berserker teeshirt, reading and firing off emails to his buddies. Go ‘Noles…

Most of all? An ability to continue what I started, oddly, on the eBob board.

I continue to learn a ton.

I continue to meet so many fantastic people

I continue to spend too much

I continue to love the breadth, depth and quality of the community of posters here.

I continue to have a place where I feel I can spend some often-fun time posting, responding and conversing.

Thanks for starting this thread, Frank. A worthy one to put out there for all of us.

Mike

He promised he was done with us

Eight or nine times

Wine, wine and more wine!

Thank you for providing a place for everyone from the prolific post’ers to the lurkers like me. From the winemaker’s I’ve learned about to the suggestions of restaurants and travel destinations I am truly grateful Todd and the Berserkers for this community.

Tusen-Tak.

Speak for yourself. I record this time. It’s called CLE.

Educational
Maddening
Entertaining
Infuriating
Expensive
Heartbreaking
Hilarious

Basically, a life in wine.

This prompted me to look back at my first posts in this crazy but entertaining and enlightening place. Feb 2010. Even got a bit nostalgic; Ken V saying WB needed another one of my kind like a lukh in khup!

Lots of water under the bridge since then, but it’s been quite a ride. And it couldn’t have happened without Todd!

It’s hard not to come on this thread and not say thank you - It’s such a well run site, and so many palates that I sincerely respect -

And a big shout out for providing us with the Political page, such a great way to let off steam - and enough serious students of politics that I learn something every time I venture there -

Learned a lot about wine and also how to have thick skin when posting online.
With that said, I only have one person blocked, that says something about the rest of you.
All polls must include Brett Farve.
There is a rumor that we have a search function.

Triple credit for all the teaching some people do [highfive.gif]

That’s pro bono!!

10 yrs? 10 yrs here means I’m broke…really fuqn broke…thanks…thanks alot

I doubt I can make it another 10!! [help.gif]

That’s unless Fu can show me the way to prosperity!

Cheers to 10 yrs! Thanx Todd for creating this site which is such a valuable resource to the world of wine. [good.gif]