'16 MacD ship date

Email today says it’s shipped.

And don’t forget, they pay the family for the grapes. But an interesting thought.

We all know shipments were delayed due to the fires… On Friday, I got the second email that said deliver was scheduled for tomorrow by end of the day.

I get back from my morning run and I have a text from FedEx saying signature required for package delivery 11/04. I think that’s SOP. Then, my doorbell rang about 15 minutes ago and there’s FedEX with my wine! I can’t every remember getting wine delivered on a Sunday. Amazing customer service from everyone!!!

My MacDonald arrived today and I am a little disappointed they did not ship in the cardboard boxes they used previously. Now I have to find room in the racks for them rather than just stacking the boxes on top of the other boxes. They did use really heavy duty looking styrofoam inserts though. Not sure if they changed due to breakage (I never heard any complaints about it) or due to temps.

A friend posted a picture of his and it looked like same packaging as before

Due to space limitations i’d prefer they hold until the next vintage is released, what are my chances? [whistle.gif]

Mine came in the usual cardboard box.

Mine arrived today.

I store most of my wine in these. They’re uber-durable, are more easily reconfigured in storage than 12 btl cases (especially on high shelves), have thicker cardboard than regular boxes, and I especially like that they’re 6 per box for organizing really long term, medium term, etc. When my shipments arrive I put them in these, label the outside of the box, tape it shut and put it to sleep in storage. They also don’t get flappy and start collapsing on themselves when you swap out bottles. Pinot shaped, fat bottles, all fit just fine as long as they aren’t too tall (I think Pandora is too tall but I’d have to check).

Mine came like this
25E96104-DC6E-46E4-8633-95C44EA5B049.jpeg

Ah, the old “I didn’t get the cardboard boxes but look I did get a 6 bottle allocation” post. I think most people would be ok without the cardboard if they got that many bottles

That was not the intent, really. But yes, I would rather have six bottles than the cardboard OWCs.

How did you get more than 3 bottles?

I cal bullshit on that. they dont ship that way. I think that wine was bought on secondary whether he knows it or not

David. They do ship that way when it’s family or friends and more than 3 bottles. I know personal friends of Alex and graham who gets 12 bottles. Mags etc. just comes in a regular foam shipper.

93E9A38A-8498-45AA-84F2-5D3C0FA12F25.jpeg
12 bottles case and Mag.

Not mine sadly. :slight_smile:

It is a legit shipment, Mark.

I talked to Alex about it and he said they were out of the boxes that hold the two three pack boxes, so they shipped in styrofoam shippers instead.

Yup. I think you meant David :slight_smile:

Don’t let the forum jealousy get to you! That’s a fantastic haul.

Sorry, Mark. You care correct, I meant David.