1997 Anniversary Wines - Recommendations?

1997 red Burgundy was praised to the skies by Parker (meaning not much), but the vintage was then felt to have collapsed. As people note Jadot made excellent '97’s, though, and Vogue has been sneaky too. Independently a friend of mine and I drank the '97 Musigny and agreed it was the best bottle of all the ones we remembered having tasted.

Thank you! [cheers.gif]

Tempier bottled some great wines in 97, and they are drinking really well now

Thanks!

The 1997 Fritz Haag Brauneberger Juffer-Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese Goldkapsel AP 9 is really great right now and has a lot of life left. I’d try to find a bunch of those.

Pavie-Maquin 1997 is better than 96,
and Marrcoux Vieilles Vignes and Bonneau Marie Beurrier 1997 are great

Lots of good advice above. I’ll second the recs for Togni and vintage Ports and add a few specifics for sweet Loire whites where 1997 was an excellent year. These can be very long-lived, and a sweet wine is often just the thing for a sweet occasion like an anniversary. Huet has a number of bottlings, the 1ere trie moelleux from any of the 3 vineyards Le Mont, Le Haut-Lieu, or Clos du Bourg are all excellent. The Huet Cuvée Constance is supposed to be special but didn’t stand above e the 1er tries to my palate. Still holding some to see if it develops. Another one I do love is the Patrick Baudouin Coteaux du Layon Maria Juby.

Thank you so much!! [cheers.gif]

Ended up getting from Wine Bid:

1997 Pride Mountain Merlot
1997 Argiano Brunello di Montalcino

But will keep looking to purchase more. Probably Napa Cabs and wines from the Loire Valley