1998 Petrus and a BLT

Still waiting to try my first Petrus. Better start checking out da clubs!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh, that’s what it is! In the Netherlands they have something similar. It’s called a “BLT”.

So here is the funny thing: on the menu it was called a BLAT. Yes, not BLT. And I was a “foreigner” here. You see, the community and the club was started by a Canadian developer, and it’s very popular with the Brits. But having a supreme level of intelligence, in addition to that elote physique, I was somehow able to discern that was it an acronym for a Bacon Lettuce AND Tomato" sandwich. My wife was very impressed, though (gracefully) did not like the Bordeaux.

BLAT can also mean bacon lettuce avocado tomato. My better half had one for a light supper tonight.

I love BLTs.

There, I said it.

1 Like

Of course, just after posting I happened upon this news article.

Life can be . . . especially cruel at times.

I am dumb. That’s exactly what it was. Oops. I will never ever use an acronym again. Ever!

did you notice any pain grille in the toast?
Sounds like a perfect time and place to share that bottle

1 Like

Probably one of the most romantic wine moments ive seen on here. Great wine, warm air, cool breeze, and a BLT. Sounds perfect. I’m sure time froze in that moment.

The only thing better than a BLT is a nice MLT . . .

Miracle Max : Sonny, true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe

[smacks his lips]

2 Likes

He asked The Dukes

I have to admit being surprised here! Surely there is a Petrus buried somewhere in your awesome cellar!

Elote!

Seriously though, thanks for posting the story and note. It’s important to enjoy life.

1 Like