2005 d'Yquem 750s for $199

I get emails from pretty much everywhere I’ve bought before, just don’t generally unsubscribe. That being said, this is the first time I’ve seen them offer something like that (at least that I read)

Thanks for the information :+1:t2: :wine_glass:

Where do they say original release price? Either way, it depends how you look at it. Wholesale in Massachusetts right now is $800. That’s before a store makes any profit. The Bordeaux supply chain is often so senselessly complicated and variable that regular prices through the standard 3 tier are often several times higher than other retail prices, even within the same state at times.

People are being pretty hard on a store that offered this wine for the best price around and lower than auction. I don’t doubt that sometime, somewhere (as Doug notes), MSRP on this wine was $800. Sure, they give themselves the benefit of the doubt, but who doesn’t? This is pretty tame compared to the many faux-deals out there - this was a real one.

Reading a thread or two at WB will makes vultures look like hummingbirds.

This is just a red herring for people that don’t know what the real price should be. If you aware of the name Yquem, you know that this was a good price. Not a crazy totally insane price, but probably one of the lowest prices that you’ll have an opportunity to buy.