2008 Vintage Champagne Ten Years After Release?

Do you have a source or link for this?

I have found 02 white burgs to be pretty disappointing in general (exceptions being 02 PYCM Charmes and 02 Ente Seve du Clos).

Have given up on 96 red burgundy also.

I know different region but…

Would be interested in the theories as to why.

I’ve largely gone with Brad’s opinion on this:

Re: TN: 2002 Pierre Peters les Chétillons Cuvée Soeciale BdB
Report this post Quote
#4 Post by Brad Baker » May 23rd 2020, 11:53pm

I would be careful with 2002 Chardonnay from the Cote des Blancs. It can be very good, but many were over-ripe. This made for sexy wines when young, but not anything that would age well or develop the complexity you might expect.
Brad Baker
The Champage Warrior

I wonder when the no-malo Ployez Jacquemart Liesse d’Harbonville and Lanson Nobles are going to be released… Think they are on 1999 and 2002 still, respectively.

Different horses. Generally like 1996 red Burgundies, but then I did a lot of tastings to get the wines I liked.

Back to Champagne.

Are these wines you bought on release or did you buy them later on the secondary market?

Don’t know your palate, but most people I know who have not liked 96 red Burgundies have been put off by the acidity. Given that I am a German wine loving acid freak, I like a lot of 96 red Burgundies I have had.

Fair question.

Love acid in burgundy and I do appreciate lighter vintages like 92, 00, and 07. But with 96 reds the acidity seems out of balance in relation to the fruit.

The whites on the other hand, I love in 96.

Back to champagne. Love the 96 Krug and Salon duo.

Speaking of 2008. Is it still true that Krug will not be releasing a 2008 vintage?