2011 Maison Ilan (and other Maison Ilan / Ray Walker discussion)

No clue. I emailed Ray and his wife last week and have not heard anything. I was not thinking about it until the email from Holly from AOC last week. If I hear anything, I will post here.

It looks like he is on vacation somewhere in Normandy. shrug

Their Marketing Director?

What email from Holly at AOC?

She sent a mass email last week asking who was still waiting for their wines. That reminded me that the 2011s that I purchased direct from Ray, as opposed to from Kyle/AOC, should be arriving.

There seems to be a pattern here, based on previous threads.

Seems that the one consistent thing about Ray is that he ignores everybody.

LOL!

I dug through my mails of the last year. All quotes are from Ray in direct mails to me:

October 1, 2013: “Wines will be sent out soon”

November 8, 2013: “The 11s have a good chance of being bottled and sent over before Christmas.”

December 5, 2013: “bottling is taking place on December 12th and 13th with the wines shipping out shortly thereafter worldwide”

January 6, 2014: “Bottling is not finished. When the wines are completely in bottle I will send mass emails out abs ship direct to you”

February 5, 2014: “I am in the process of bottling, only the Grands Crus left to do.”

February 6, 2014, in response to me asking if I could have the wine for a tasting end of February: “I’d say it is pretty darn possible”. No further reply on my repeat question on February 22.

March 31, 2014: “I will be contacting everyone as orders go out to confirm shipping addresses”

April 1, 2014: "2011 Maison Ilans have left my door "

May 4, 2014 question went ignored

May 15, 2014: “the wines are going out tomorrow”. Subsequently no response on my question to which address they will go out to (though I’ve let it know that I no longer live where I did back in 2011). Asked again on May 22.

May 25, 2014: started thread on Wine Berserkers

That email trail is pretty conclusive that Ray was putting the cart before the horse. I especially like, April 1, 2014: "2011 Maison Ilans have left my door "; then, May 15, 2014: “the wines are going out tomorrow”. Not good. I hope you get your wines soon; I received my 2011s last month.

Rick,

How did you get your 2011s? from a retailer or direct from Ray (through an importer)?

I’m still waiting on mine, and haven’t been contacted by anyone stateside for intra-US shipping

Cary, Just checked out my CT, I purchased mine from Vins Rare and they were delivered on 13 May.

[welldone.gif]

This is a pretty epic fail.

Classic over promise and under deliver. Happens all the time by people who want near-term gratification vs longer-term (and larger) gratification. So easy to say good things sooner. So hard to go back later and say how you over promised…

Queue the apologists…

I’ll play. Ray used to participate here, providing lots of good info and stimulating topics. And he would tell us what he was doing in the winery, give us updates, make predictions. Some times those predictions and schedules didn’t turn out right, and some people get annoyed at that. So they would come here to complain and criticize. Now Ray says nothing, doesn’t participate (like 99.99% of all winemakers in the world), and some people come here to complain and criticize.

It should be clear that Ray isn’t going to answer anything posted here, maybe people will figure that out and stop expecting to learn anything useful here.

Alan,

almost everytime someone posts a thread here, Ray responds to their inquiry via private communication even though multiple emails/calls/facebook messages/ tweets/ instagram hashtags/ carrier pigeon have gone with no response.

Please refer to post #29

I sent him a tweet and email yesterday about who (and how) would contact me, but it looks like Ray was traveling/on vacation so we’ll see how the response goes this week.