2011 Marcassin - Made the list!

Have had several bottles of Marcassin pinots from friends. Just “made the list” with this offering of unsold 2011’s and the pricing is just stupid. When I can basically get two bottles of rhys alpine, three bottles of Kutch Macdougall or Peay scallop Shelf, which are, to my tastes, all wines of equivalent quality and slightly more restraint, I just scratch my head.

For all you people deciding to take a pass on another high-priced mailing list, repeat after me…“Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty I’m free at last!”

On the other hand, their “system” has worked for them for the past 25 years or so, although in the really early days, one could talk with John when picking up the wine at All Seasons. I’m not sure what’s in it for them to “tighten up their operations.”

Same question as Mark…where is the '12 allocation letter?

If they are still cleaning up the '11 allocations, I doubt the '12s are coming any time soon.

I signed up for the list in the early or mid 1990s. Tried to contact them a few times over the next 10 years and never heard anything back. Finally gave up. I’ve bought a few from a friend’s allocation over the years. I eventually lost interest. Nice wines, I preferred the Chads, but not the peak experience for me that many others get.

I received the letter and asked for the full allocation (4 bottles) of Chardonnay only and no Pinot, saying that an Oregonian buying Cali Pinot was like someone living in Wisconsin supporting the Chicago Bears. I hope I didn’t shoot myself in the foot, I really want that Chardonnay.

Anybody get their check cashed yet from this new offer?

My daughter and son-in-law immediately sent check. Their favorite chard.

Check not yet cashed. They’re keeping fingers crossed.

Having been on the list since 2009 I can say anytime I have contacted them there has always been a prompt response. It has only gotten better over the years since they started using email.

Wine county ships more great CA PN than anyone in the state. Current Wine Country rates to the east coast are $47 for a 6 pack and $76 for a case.

Emailed them twice for rates. They never responded.

Thats not like them at least from the producer side. I do know mid march to mid may is one of the 2 busiest times a year for them. Try orders@winecountryshipping.com as opposed to info@

My order was apparently accepted (ordered 4+4)…

Curious as to how many who received the offering have had their checks cashed?
We’re still waiting to hear.

Anyone have the latest email address for them? I need to contact about changing my mailing address.

jen@marcassinvineyard.com

My check was cashed today

That is what I inferred in Post 54 above. Check cashed last week but no other news. But, I am a patient person. I am looking forward to the wines and have absolutely nothing negative to say.

Received the letter, sent the check in, but it has not been cashed yet- keeping fingers crossed