2014 Sojourn Spring Release Wines

Thinking about this 2014 offer and the Berserker Day offer, I popped a 2007 Demuth Vineyard (Alexander Valley) Pinot last night. Oh my, this is in a nice place. Can’t find my notes from when I purchased, but somewhat concerned because I only bought one. Now I wish I had bought more. Has really matured and drinking very nicely. Nice sweet fruits, cherries and strawberry, with some cola. Just a tad barnyard on the nose, but more forest floor, and some floral aspects. Light to medium in color. Nice acidity, not a heavy wine. Paired with with Chinese food, went very well. It took about 3 hours to finish the bottle, mellowed some in that time, but held it’s own throughout. This is in a really nice place, and I would recommend popping a bottle if you have one (it can still sit, but just drinking so nicely).

I resisted the urge on Berserker Day, but Sojourn followed up yesterday with an email for a “second chance.” … Well played Sojourn, you got me!

possibly … [cheers.gif]

Going to get some 2012 chardonnay this year

We attended the release party in Manhattan Beach last weekend. Was able to give the release another spin, even though my case purchased of the release was already delivered and is resting in the cellar.

I again likes both Chards with the wife loving the SC and me liking the Sangiacomo which had more oomph. Both are great.

As for Pinot, I loved the structure and acidity in the Sangiacomo and of course the Gaps Crown was astoundingly good.

The Rutherford Cab was drinking mighty fine. A bit more subdued than the pure GIII of prior releases but a beautiful wine for the price.

A strong buy recommendation here!

Can’t wait to receive my 2012 Pinots and 2011 Cabs. And I even splurged on some large formats…

Sojourn is rock solid every time. Can’t go wrong…must buy every year (or twice per year!)…

Large formats? Oh man. Didn’t get an alloc of those.

Any more comment on large formats??? I’m quite interested by this.

I didn’t go for any or see any mention of them in the offer, but my guess is you should contact Craig and he will let you know. I thought about inquiring this time, but held off.

Just tasted all the 2012’s except Gap 's Crown. Really enjoyed the earthy Rodger’s Creek and strawberry-and-structure Sangiamcomo. Rutherford cab very, very good as well. Buy it and enjoy