2015 M Etain

A second wine showdown would make an interesting offline. Bring second wines from mailing list cab producers, and taste them blind against similarly priced first wines. [cheers.gif]

BUT, I only buy the top 10% !!! [snort.gif] neener

Unfortunately/Fortunately, so do I…

Problem is, the top 10% is 2-3X of M’Etain’s price point…

Someone should start a Napa Inflation Index. That way we can all see it and drink away our misery at the price creep…

“Good scores from professional reviewers” That justifies the price of a second wine at $175? I really think not. Certainly not when I can get Dunn Howell Mountain (grand cru) for $50 less. Its a no brainer Amigos!

[welldone.gif]

I also passed; I’ll save my funds for Scarecrow.
I did buy several vintages of M. Etain. The wines is really good and the box is pretty.

I always find threads like this fascinating when people are comparing wines from different producers.

How does one determine value? How does one determine whether something is worth it when something else is not?

If you are buying this to enjoy yourself, and the question remains whether you feel it is worth it or not to yourself.

If you are buying this as investment to sell down the line, that’s a different story.

Cheers.

I love Dunn and I love M’Etain. Different AVA’s, different winemaker, different style, slightly different price points.

All good! That’s the beauty of drinking/collecting wine. Different strokes for different folks!