2015 Oregon Pinot

Pulp Fiction from a historical perspective was robbed. FG, while not terrible, is a throwback at best (and a GOP fantasy movie) while PF broke ground that is still being explored.

We are all good on attempting to be available given our limited enterprise so any time of the year is fine. If you are going to be around please contact us/me and we will get a cool (hopefully) visit set up.

Good info here. Tried a few 2015’s in barrell (1 or 2 with Jim?) and they seemed tasty and balance with nice texture.

Forest Gump - Lame - But I liked the original when it was still called Being There.

Pulp Fiction - Top 10 all time. Amazing dialog. And Jim, nice pull.

Jason

Shawshank Redemption was also nominated for best picture in 1995. Good year for films.

Does that mean I “got served”? [wow.gif]

Not a good start with 2 out of 2 being in the overripe category for me so far:

• 2015 Willamette Valley Vineyards Pinot Noir Whole Cluster Willamette Valley - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (5/13/2017)
    Very ripe on the nose with good amplitude. On the palate, load of ripe fruit, very fruit forward, with a pretty heavy mouthfeel. Not exactly jammy or cloying, as there is a good amount of acidity, but it seems a bit disjointed to me. Also getting kind of a roasted note. The more I drank, the less I liked it. This is made in a crowd-pleasing style but not what I look for in Oregon Pinot. (86 pts.)

Evesham Wood WV 2015 on deck. I have higher hopes for this one.

Got a keeper with this one:

• 2015 Evesham Wood Pinot Noir - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (5/19/2017)
    Ok, so my first 2015 OR Pinot that is not overdone (had the McKinlay WV and Willamette Valley Vineyards WV recently). Still, this is noticeably riper and more fruit forward than the 2014 version of this wine. Frankly, I found the 2014 a little shy and tight, so this was more up my alley, though perhaps the 2014 just needs more time. Anyway, this had ample fruit and good balance but did not really scream Oregon Pinot to me. Actually, it kind of reminded me of a Cru Bojo in a somewhat ripe year, like the 2014 Lapierre Morgon. In any case, a really nice Pinot for $19 and should improve with a few more years in the cellar. (90 pts.)

I’ve very limited experience with Evesham Wood (just this and the 2014). Are they known more for an AFWE style?

Looks like I put the jinx on 2017 being a cool year. Sorry. Jim was right. I said it.

Probably. Certainly on the pretty/elegant style. I haven’t had any from the new regime, but Russ’s wines were/are amazing and priced so nice.

I’ve also found the vintage to be unusually ripe to my taste.

Barrel tasted several 2015 Oregon Pinots and found them to be nicely balanced and not at all hot.

They will be all over the board. I have one vineyard, Holmes Gap, left to bottle. Sorry, I meant vintage of the century.

That’s better.

On Labor Day I was served a $14 PLCB offering called 2015 “Pinot Society” Willamette Valley Pinot Noir “The Tumult”. From the label it appeared to have been made in Santa Rosa, CA. Notably ripe and flashy, no heat. Besides the burst of fruit, it’s boring, round and simple, but hey…it was $14. True to my 2015 “generous vintage” expectations.

RT

The few '15’s I’ve tasted Drouhin and Goodfellow were fantastic. Concentrated and balanced. I agree w Vincent and Jim The cool nights during harvest and the '14 vintage gave growers/wineries an opportunity to make a wine that is approachable now and age worthy. im excited for both Pinot and Chard.

Has anyone tried any 15’ Beaux Freres? I picked up a few upper terrace but haven’t the courage to pop one yet.