2016 Beta Montecillo and Vare Cabernet release

So happy for Ketan!

Guess I got lucky as I only ordered montecillo. I just went on the website at 11am I see a NYC Beta offline sometime in our future.

1 Like

Lets do it! I will get the man to come down from the Mountain. Maybe he will even bring a 2019 Jasud for us to try!

I am in.

1 Like

Missed thisā€¦thinking Iā€™ll regret that. Damnit.

The last offer was sold out the first day too and ppl still got wine off the waitlist.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t totally write off the wish list. I would assume based on seniority wound fulfill some.
If 150 cases are made, hold back 10 for the library cellar and then holding back 5 cases for the WL in packs of 3 would let you fulfill 20 peopleā€™s WL. Canā€™t say thatā€™s what happens but if it were my wineryā€¦lol

Wow - I had no idea this would sell out so fast. This ended up in spam and I missed it. Bummed out.

Iā€™ve purchased for the last two or three years, but wish list isnā€™t even available now as it is sold out

I also missed out. Too slow, too badā€¦.

Do you think the 2019 Jasud may be the next MacDonald?

Was able to fly in and get the allocation.

Completely agree with what has been posted here about having a distinctively ā€œnot-a-fruit-bombā€ profile, but also would echo about needing long decants per Ketanā€™s suggestions. Last bottle i had was a '14 Vare about 3 months ago and i gave it a 6+ hour decant before serving.

Once again sold out before I had a chance to get some. Fine with that but wonder how that impacts list members who havenā€™t bought due to quick sell out?

They donā€™t seem to be concerned with list trimming at this point. I just signed up for the list in May and got an offer. I imagine some day soon they will start prioritizing and limiting.

I signed up just days before the offer - and got one (passed though)

I generally double decant the wines 24 hrs in advance and leave the bottle in my wine fridge without a stopper for 12+ hrs. This is mostly to improve the palate experience. The aromas also change but the wines invariably smell amazing from the moment the cork comes out.

2 Likes

I guess looking at emails last year they sent our wish requests then said the offering was sold out hours later so maybe it is over.

I like this idea. Thanks Peter, will have to try it.

anyone get their wish lists granted here?

Nope