2016 Shafer Hillside Select Offer

Rare to see a triple hundred point wine (JD/AG/LPB) but not many large production 300 dollar American wines are selling out these days. Would be a buyer at 250 but 300 plus tax is out of my comfort zone these days.

Shafer HSS and Scarecrow are two wines I’m really not comfortable with their price points but I love the wines and buy yearly. Definitely a stretch for my budget but worth it for me

It was a different time, obviously, but I recall that the 2010 sold out pretty quickly after it got a 100 from Parker and 99 from AG.

Don’t know about 10 but 12 did not sell out on original offer. Bought it for 30% less with free shipping. Still haven’t opened it.

I love Shafer HS but started losing interest in buying >$200 and dropped off the list somewhere around $250. It may have been the last mailing list I dropped - that or SQN. I haven’t found that much difference between the 100-pointers and the 98-pointers in the glass.

I’ll admit that looking at the value of a wine appreciate while it’s sitting in the cellar is pleasurable, but not enough to motivate a purchase. Do points still drive value in the secondary market for Napa Cab when the wine is fairly widely available?