2016 Thomas

Thanks for the info…emailed him a few nights ago and he responded the next day that I would be sent an offer.

I just got mine out in the mail…but looking forward to that shipment to squirrel away.

What’s the style of Thomas wines? Would be my first time trying…

My box of Thomas landed in Seattle yesterday afternoon. Which seems really fast this year.

Thomas arrived in Minneapolis a couple weeks ago, which might be the last incoming of the season with winter arriving

There is always a focus on elegance in every wine I’ve had. 2014 & 2015 were a little more fruit-forward than say 2010-2013.

From barrel this summer, the 2016 showed very well. Even though it’s a hotter vintage (marginally) than the hot 2015, it showed a bit more freshness and restraint. It’s still an ampler, broader-scaled vintage but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy.

Compared to last year, which was an outlier for whatever reason. In my years of buying direct the wines arrived in November.

Anyone in NorCal see wines yet?

I pinged John last week and he sent me a tracker today showing delivery for tomorrow. We live in the Bay Area.

Anyone in the Southeast receive their wine yet?

Just landed in FL

Anyone in the Socal receive their wine yet?

Sec wines has the 2016 Thomas for $69. Email says they have 4 cases in stock. Is this a good price?

Pretty sure it’s like $55ish off the list(?)…still, since I’m not on the list I grabbed some from Sec.

(along with some of the 1989 Raffault – yay!!!)

If buy direct, $60-65 a bottle delivered. As there is not much sold at retail I’d buy at that price.

Well played on the ‘89 Raffault, Alex. I bought some ‘89 Bretons and ‘90 Raffaults from Sec that were great.

Mine arrived Jan 12.

Thanks for the heads up, totally forgot to order some. I asked john a while ago to add me to the list to hopefully I get a card next year. Liner and Elsen has I think 3 bottles left after my order at 59.95 Shipping is cheaper to California than SEC as well. Only my 2nd vintage

Awesome! Looking forward, had a couple '90 Raffaults (both good but one was otherworldly), hoping the '89s are just as good!