2017 Pax Syrah Sonoma Hillsides - offer is live

[swearing.gif] Mine are shipping out today, which means sitting around all weekend. Forecast looks fine, just wish all wineries would start holding until Mondays /Tuesdays

If the box gets on a truck/train/whatever for a long trip it keeps moving over the weekend.

I tasted a distributor sample of this last month, and it’s at least as good as the previous vintage.

I got a chance to taste from two bottles of this last night and I took away two things from it:

1. the wine is really good. especially with some food at this point.
  2. its gonna be a lot better with a couple years in the bottle.

I’m an acid freak and this is a lean mean machine of a syrah which is great. very northern rhone but cranked up on the raspberry and tuned down a little on the savory notes with a big hit of minerality right now. once some of those really start to develop I’m gonna be glad to have more of it around.

Anyone know what type of cork is used? 100% natural?

Diam (or at least that is what I recall about the 2016, haven’t received my 2017 yet).

the two i’ve got sitting right beside me aren’t branded at all. they actually have no marking whatsoever on them: no cork producer, no Pax, no vintage. although it looks like composite printed on the outside to look like natural cork?

So coravin use would not be recommend. Cool thanks for the heads up guys.

Looking at my Magnum :slight_smile:. Just arrived.