2017 Scarecrow M. Etain

also ditto [cheers.gif]

I am only subscribed at WA and the 2017 vintage haven’t been reviewed yet. Do we have a indication if it is going to be regarded as good as the 2016 or 2013? Or as bad as the 2011?

For those considering skipping this year, just a data point: the only vintage of this I have ever purchased was 2014 (2 bottles), and they are still sending me offers. I don’t know what the official policy is, but it doesn’t seem that you’re at much risk of being booted from the list for not buying one year.

The only vintage I bought was 2013 (four bottles) and I still get offers.

I am going to buy a couple in order to keep my mini vertical going (‘12-‘17), and I trust that they won’t put out clearly inferior product.

I’m skipping buying the bottles but count me in for a pair of cuff links and 2 of those (chic) leather, wine safety harnesses. Does anyone know if the safety harnesses are compatible with non-Scarecrow wine bottles? If not, I’m worried about the overall lack of utility (but that won’t stop me from buying).

The production of the two wines changes based on quality. The 2016 Scarecrow production was way up due to how amazing the vintage was, and you got a lot of “Scarecrow” character in the vintages. In 2017, M. Etain production is way up as they did not feel the quality of the fruit coming in hit the high that they wanted.

FWIW, I really like the last few vintages of M. Etain.

Any insight on 2017 Scarecrow?

FWIW, I got a case of two. I thought that on the next vintage it could be more than $200/bottle and decided to jump in.

I also got a leather bag for my BYOB events.

Hard pass. $40 to ship two bottles doesn’t help on a small 2 pack.

I’m with you. My shipping to MA is $52 for 2 bottles. I’d rather buy 2 bottles of Monte Bello.

Sadly no. I only tasted wine in bottle, and when I was there, the 2017 was not ready.

Went ahead and bought a 2-pack. Will lay it down for a good while.

Thanks . Guess time will tell if it is bottled/released.

You should sell it and buy 2 medallions with the proceeds. Your wife would love it twice as much!

I took the Six pack with $35 in shipping. No wooden boxes