2018 Memento Mori Blend New Release Date - May 19th

Order in as well! Picked up a 3 pack of 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon and a 3 pack of 2019 Sauvignon Blanc!

In for a case because F’ it, why not.
In 2-5-10+ years I will probably wish that I had bought more, but gotta save some duckets for those SVD’s later this year…

Case will secure you a good amount of the SVD I’d think. Good move.

MM as well as Maybach have been my biggest splurges in recent years, so I’ll probably grab six of each of the SVD’s. I’m just glad that they break up the offerings now. Gives my AMEX some time to catch a breath :wink:

Ha - can’t buy enough Maybach. I’ve never bought MM from the allocation as I’ve always found it cheaper. Might be worth it to get access to the SVDs. Good cal with the Amex break. Expensive month coming up. Memento mori, quivet, and Carter cellars all in the next 30ish days.

In for a case and a 1.5L . . . Gonna Pobega one the day of arrival

On the fence for the maggie. I have a vertical going so would like to keep that, unsure on whether I pull the trigger. On another note, I wonder what their best barrel bottling, called RTL, is going to look like. Hopefully there isn’t a huge entry price.

Haven’t heard of the RTL. if it’s anything like Vice Versa it’ll be north of 300

My guess the RTL is $325

Unrelated topic but what’s the usual wait time on Maybach allocation? Signed up last year

Am I missing something here but it seems these can be found pretty readily on the secondary market for less than the release price?

My bet is it comes out at $350.

Not sure about wait list for Maybach, but it took me about two years if I recall. But that was with me emailing/stalking Chris on a quarterly basis.

Love me some Memento Mori.
As a long time lurker of WB, I stumbled onto a thread about MM a couple years ago. I immediately joined their mailing list. Love their wines and great people. Emily and Genevieve seem like genuinely nice people. Was supposed to of met them in late March, but the shut down happened.

Thoughts:
-Excited for the “RTL”
Very Best barrels
-The etched MM magnum is special ($550)
-Favorite Sauvignon Blanc from Napa Valley ($65/bottle)
-Yes, sometimes you can find cheaper at online retail for previous vintages. 2018 might not be the case if a 99/100 score is dropped. Buying direct is the only way to get access to their SVD’s and SB.

Nobody wants the 3Ls offered? [cheers.gif]

Nobody wants the 3Ls offered?

For 2k? :grimacing:
I don’t know if I have enough friends that would appreciate that nice of bottle to share it with. Maybe for my kids one day…

I saw someone asking about Vangone and MM above.

We just had the 2016 Vangone friday night for the first time. I’ve had several MM’s.

Both are awesome…but different.
16 Vangone is just massive right now. Stain your teeth with dark berries and oak goodness. A tad sweeter than the MM. Gave it 1.5 hours decant but needed more. Really fun to drink and the 14.9% alcohol could of fooled me.

17 Memento Mori is the most recent from memory. Ultra smooth dark berries. Violets and baking spice.
Approachable young. 17 MM dr Crane has a similar fullness of the Vangone.

At this early drinking window the nod goes to MM, but only if I am forced to choose. (Different vintages I know.)

Guess there’s hope to get in in a few years if I start my campaign now!

I agree - My friends in NYC they like wine, but they wouldn’t appreciate it as much (the 3L), therefore I feel like I would be “wasting” some delicious wine, even tho I love opening some of my “great” bottles when we were able to get together… I used to hate to have to host people over and the cleaning and whatnot afterwards, but I’m honestly counting the days until we can all share some wines together

Frank i would be willing to bet that if you take the 3L you get a bunch of Dr. Crane to your name later this year!

Oh how I wish I had the discretionary income! Hopefully I’ll get some Dr Crane allocated nonetheless! Gotta save some cash for the upcoming Carter release! [dance-clap.gif]

I just asked my dog if she thought I should buy the Maggie as well, and she shook her head enthusiastically. Granted I had a treat in my hand, and moved it in an up and down manner, but still- she seemed to be on board with my decision. :wink: