2018 Realm save the date (Sept 1st)

+1. I’m buying either way, but curious for the scores as well.

Offers live yet?

1pm eastern

Of course. JD released these yesterday.

Tempest - 96+ points
Bard - 98 points
Falstaff - 99 points
Moonracer - 98+ points
Absurd - 97 points

Awesome, thanks Frank. I’m buying no matter what but appreciate the info. Cheers.

Ugh … did not realize Abreu was also today. Going to wait and see what I was allocated from Realm, and then make some purchase decisions. Today is going to be a rough day of asking forgiveness from the wife…

I’ve never had the Falstaff, but a few notes on CT claim that the Cab Franc’s presence doesn’t especially shine through and it seems more like a Cab [dominant] blend or at least not necessarily Cab Franc dominant Bordeaux varietal blend – agree or disagree?

FYI “Your allocation is guaranteed. You will have until Tuesday, September 15 at 11:59PM Pacific Time to place your order.”

I’m way over my imaginary wine budget for the month so will be waiting a week until my CC billing cycle rolls over before putting in my Realm order. Will definitely log in to see my allocation.

Going for 6 Bard and 2 Moonracer (+1 wishlist) … no Absurd for me, though if anyone wants to share their Absurd allocation hit me with a DM (I can’t see the price, so not sure if I’m a taker).

The 2017 Absurd Is up to $525, which is a $50 increase over the 2016, which was a $50 increase over the 2015. I am pretty good with numbers, and by my calculations that is a $100 increase in 2 years. Surprised they raised the price of Absurd again given the reputation of the ‘17 vintage. Definitely in for everything else!

Anyone allocated Falstaff and passing? Please pm me!

Never mind. That’s the same price as Abreu’s releases today (Madrona Ranch and Capella). If I’m spending $500 on a bottle, i’m going to lean toward the style built to age longer (IMO).

Order in!

Pulled from offering page (The Bard) -

Vineyard
Beckstoffer To Kalon Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Realm SLD Estate Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Houyi Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Blair Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Farella Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Levensohn Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Beckstoffer Bourn Cabernet Sauvignon, Upper Range Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Upper Range Vineyard Cabernet Franc, Realm SLD Estate Vineyard Merlot, Larkmead Vineyard Petit Verdot, Beckstoffer Bourn Vineyard Petite Sirah.

Wine Profile
Red, blue and black fruit jumps out of the glass; the black fruit may be more dominant/hedonistic yet the wine shows brightness and finesse. This is a sexy, creamy, juicy The Bard, with spiciness and a savory umami quality that leaves you wanting more. The wine hits on all cylinders; it’s perfumed, layered and complex, ending with a note of licorice.

Realm Context
The complexity of 2018 The Bard is unparalleled, not only in its fruit sources but in the way it’s put together and how it sits in the glass and on the palate. With fruit, acid, and tannins woven together seamlessly, this is the most complete example of The Bard we’ve ever made. With so many different dimensions coming together in harmony, there is more than meets the eye with this wine along with something for everyone. Quite simply, this is the best The Bard Realm has produced.

Order in:

3 Bard
2 Tempest
1 Falstaff
4 Moonracer
1 Absurd (wish list)

Took 14 Bards plus a 1.5L Bard and wished for 1 Falstaff. Left my Absurd, Moonracer, Tempest on the table.

Bard x 6 + 1WL
Falstaff x 1 + 1WL
Moonracer x 1
Tempest x 1

Order in and split between a group of friends.

As its a guaranteed allocation, is there any benefit of getting the order in at the start of the window vs. later on?

Curious, is there typically a good probability of wishlist requests being fulfilled?

Realm, Di Costanzo and Dakota Shy all release today for me, going to be an expensive day…

I’m sure visa and MasterCard would appreciate if we got our orders in early!