2018 Scarecrow Release

Pm me if interested. Will likely keep a bottle and share one locally to another berserker. If you’d like a bottle let me know. Preference will be given if you’re local and can pickup here in Dallas.

So I finally receive the invitation after years of waiting. Do I buy without ever tasting scarecrow?

I’m going to 2018 is a great vintage, 2019 is a good vintage and my sons birth year then 2020 vintage year they are going to open the library. So I’ll probably buy till at least then. I also have zero intention or care about flipping them. 100% for me, family and friends to enjoy.

The question for me was do I continue to buy after buying a few vintages and still never opening one. I plan to open a 2015 this year.
If $430 is the price, at 1oz a sip it’ $17/sip. I’d happily pay $34 for a 2oz pour for all these pricey mailing list wines before spending all that money.
I’ve seen people sell multiple vintages of <cult wine a, b , c> because they finally opened one and realized it’s not their style. Jeez I hope I like SC.

If you open and it’s not your style. You should at least be able to make your money back.

This and Shafer HSS are probably my 2 favorite cabs. Every year it gets Harder and harder to pull the trigger. It’s always a last minute decision

Does buying M. Etain (or not) affect ones Scarecrow list standing?

No effect one way or the other

1 Like

I love Shafer HSS and finally got an allocation this year so picked up quite a few although that’s one where if you’re patient or use wine.com codes you can usually pick up one or two at lower prices.

I’m on the Scarecrow list but it’s probably going to be another few years I’m guessing. I’ve never tried it.

I opened a 2015 Crow at the end of September. Helluva wine but still incredibly young and tight. Decant at least 6 hrs before drinking.

I’m kinda surprised to read this. I was on the list for the 2013-2015 and dropped in 2016 because Scarecrow was the most expensive wine that I was buying each year and I was seriously questioning the value. I still get offered the M. Etain and assumed (wrongly it would seem) that this was some sort of gauge of interest for returning to the main list.

When do we know the price ? In the hard copy mailer ?? Or when securing allocation . I just don’t recall .

Peeps in the first wave will let us know. Email and mailing both tell the price and available formats (750, 1.5, 3L)

That 3L is going to cost a fortune consider how big of a up charge there is for the mag…

And that mag upcharge is crazy.

Scarecrow has stated that M Etain has no bearing on the grand vin offering

You know it… Last 3L offering was $5,000 I believe.

In EVERY bit of correspondence. [cheers.gif]

Oh dear god. The mag’s are generally $1500?

Fair enough. That is what I get for not reading any of their emails… beyond scanning for the link to my account. I was extrapolating (unfairly) from (a) what I would do if I were running a winery and (b) email from Dalle Valle either stating or implying that people purchasing Collina Dalla Valle would get access to the Cabernet Sauvignon. If I’m wrong about DV, please let me know. Happy to be 0 for 2.