2020 Falltacular Main Event--Saturday, 2/22/2020 at my place in the OC

Just registered. Frank - Thank you!

Looking forward to seeing lots of new friends from last year and contributing to the event.

Waiting for it to sell out so I can flip my tickets for a big profit.

Thanks for all your posts and replies. We have about 100 paid in just 4 hours. Pretty amazing. Will provide a list tomorrow of all those paid so you can ensure you are all set.

Really blessed here you all believe so much in this event.

Well last year I was indecisive and it sold out in a flash. This year I was on the fence. Have been doing a lot of travelling already and am also trying to buy a place in SC. But I have always been intrigued and through some minor peer pressure decided to attend. It was from gentle urging from Mike Grammer whom I just met in NY at Berserkerfest, and also at the suggestion from our esteemed Mike Stoneking, whom I have corresponded with, but never met as I was involved in doing my small part to help him rebuild his house and life after his home was lost. What better place to meet and pop a few corks than for another great cause. If it was travelling coast to coast for good wine I might pass, but the comraderie and the great cause make the hassle of flying worth the effort ! So no waffling this year, I am in and can’t wait to sample some great wine hook up with a few old friends and meet several new ones. Paid up for both events. Thank you Frank for arranging this once again for a worthy cause. I know the amount of work involved is enormous, but the help to your community is immense.

Aces, Jonathan–I promise you won’t regret the experience. Look forward to seeing you again!

Jonathan, welcome to the event. It’s organically evolved through the last decade and it’s an awesome weekend that is close to the heart for so many of us. You will see that when you are here. Like a number of those coming from outside of California, welcome to the family.

Folks, the Saturday event is Sold Out. Wow. In less than 24 hours we sold 144 tickets. Shortly I will be placing the file up on Dropbox to show all of the payments so you can see who had paid.

We have closed the registration link and have put a note there for people to contact me if they want to talk about attendance, i.e. a wait list. We’ll deal with those as they come to me.

Thank you all for an amazing 24 hours. I had no idea the event had churned up this much momentum in all of you.

THANK YOU.

Hi Frank, I missed the initial date, but really want to make it! Can I get on the wait list? The registration link seemed to accept my payment, but who knows? I don’t have your # or E-mail address. Any chance of sending one or both to Jim@JBurk.net.

Jim

Jim, happy holidays. I’ve been resolving a few lingering payment issues the past few days so let’s just handle over email. You’ve got that already so shoot me a note.

Well crap. I just booked a trip back to the homeland for that weekend to see the family and introduce them to my new baby!

Again we’re passing ships in the night, Adam. But mazel tov on the new arrival!

Mike

One of these days, Mike!

And, we have Falltacular double-sided spit cups! The Falltacular logo on one side, the Laura’s House logo on the other. These cups now eliminate the use of the horrible, plastic throw-away red cups that are so often a part of wine events. Along with this eco improvement, we continue to be an event that has eliminated plastic water bottles the past 4 years, and all of the wine shippers used to move the wine to the event, all of these are collected and given to local wine shops for reuse. And finally, in over a decade, we have never used a plastic plate or any flatware, instead using reusable plates, forks and other utensils year after year.

We can’t be perfect but we can do our part to reduce waste and think about the environment that we all impact.

I want to thank Mike Stoneking, Ted, Debbie Cetin, Patty Bucklen, Thomas Kimura and Arnie Caplan for each donating $50 to cover the cost of our new cups. For every person that attends on Saturday, a purple spit cup cup will be yours, along with your custom wine glass!
Happy holidays to everyone.
20191220_201159.jpg

Thank you Frank for doing your small part to save our planet.

Happy holidays to the Falltacular family. Hope you all are having an excellent season, and looking forward to a safe and happy New Year.

After the New Year, I am going to rapidly get going on the remaining pieces of the event, in part the Silent Auction commitments. I have updated our Event File with some additional commitments, with thank you to those who you see listed on the file. Of note, if you are a Napa Cab fan or a Cayuse lover, you will enjoy Arnie Caplan’s generous donations. You can see all of that info by clicking the link below:

Should you have commitments to the Silent Auction you want to add, please start making those decisions and letting me know. The auction raises about 2/3rds of what we collect during the event, so it’s a key driver of our success.

More to come soon, so for now, enjoy the rest of the holiday season and god bless.

Hotel room booked :slight_smile: Flight booked :slight_smile: Wines sort of booked. Have to think about an auction donation, I think I do have one that I will cart along.

Looking forward to another great event for a great cause!!

Hi Frank - Looking forward to attending - shipped off the donation today for Myriad, a second box will arrive next week. Flights, hotel and a great weekend booked! - See you soon Leah and Mike Smith - Myriad Cellars

So thrilled you’re both coming, Leah—see you soon!

+1 on Myriad, Mike. Leah, we enjoyed the Cabernet Sauv at last year’s event. Maybe opportunity to taste the Syrah as well?