2020 Rivers-Marie Offer

Grabbed a four pack of Chards: Two SCs, a Purrington and a Thieriot.

I’ve never had any white from TRB, but I got a half case - SC, Joy Road, and Thieriot. Really looking forward to trying these.

Picked a few whites based on recommends here - thanks!

I went real small with just 4 bottles. 3 Sonoma Chard, and 1 Pinot. No other reason than I’m loaded up on chard, and I wanted to leave some for others. Super excited!!

1 Like

I was really hoping to get an allocation even if the whites this year. I’m a recent sign up so I doubt any will be left given the few wines offered.

Also interested in this. Assume it’s the latter?

The only difference is that the wines will be offered, shipped earlier than normal. Elevage, bottling date, etc. are all staying the same.

3 Likes

I’m getting my list memberships back on track, so was thrilled to see this one arrive.

I bought the entire allocation of whites. As always, RM has the best customer service of any winery I’ve ever purchased from.

1 Like

welp, after skipping this release looks like I’ll be buying pinot this summer

1 Like

Looks like pinot is gone on this release so far

Good excuse for me to pick up a few chards. Haven’t had many from Sonoma.

I’ll admit that I wasn’t sure about the wines being shipped with the temps being in the mid 80s in SoCal this week, but they were packaged very nicely in stryo and arrived at a wonderful 64 degrees. Always a great all around experience with R-M!

I just tasted my first R-M Chardonnay - the 2020 Sonoma Coast and it’s very good! I think it’s fairly simple and linear, but it has great structure/ acidity, some decent weight while retaining a lot of brightness, and really nice minerality. Really great buy for $30. I’ll be buying my full SC Chardonnay allocations from now on.

1 Like

Yes, both the Sonoma Coast pinot and chard are an absolute steal at these price points!

My RM order was originally scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I just received the following from UPS …

“A railroad mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We’re working to deliver your package as soon as possible.”

As long as this “failure” didn’t occur in the southwest, where high temps are in the 80s, the wine should be OK, but keeping my fingers crossed …

I’m efforting to find out and will let you know as soon as I do.

Wow, that must have been a huge allocation to need a railroad delivery [cheers.gif]

3 Likes

FWIW I took possession of some other wines shipped by same fullfillment company yesterday when it was 85 here. When I opened the box they were cellar temp

The wine was just delivered, right on schedule, and appears to be in fine shape. I have no idea what the exception meant, other than UPS must be confused …